Monday, February 23, 2015

Blog Tour 'The Intergalactic Adventures of Queen Bea' by Jeanne Gransee Barker


Welcome to my stop on the tour for ‘The Intergalactic Adventures of Queen Bea’ by Jeanne Gransee Barker. This is a young adult sci-fi. The tour runs February 16-27 with reviews, author interviews, guest posts and excerpts. Check out the tour page for more information.

 

About the Book:


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24408141-the-intergalactic-adventures-of-queen-bea?ac=1
Everything she’d ever known was a lie. Now Bea must find the courage to trust her own voice to save not only herself — but an entire planet.

At almost 15, late-bloomer Bea Parker has just discovered that her aunt, uncle and cousins—the only family she’s ever known—aren’t actually related to her and don’t know anything about her birth parents. Then a strange, high-tech device shows up in her room in the middle of the night with a note promising answers about her shadowed past. This alien technology takes her on a journey that forces her to leave behind Earth, and everything she knows, to meet her destiny.

‘The Intergalactic Adventures of Queen Bea’ is on sale for only .99 cents on Amazon for a limited time!

My Review:

 

I read many different kinds of books. There isn’t one genre I don’t like. But books involving adventures, different worlds and mystery have always been one of my favorite reads. So when I saw the sign up for the blog tour of ‘The Intergalactic Adventures of Queen Bea’ I immediately signed up. I loved the cover and the book description sounded very exciting so I couldn’t wait to start reading this book.

In ‘The Intergalactic Adventures of Queen Bea’ we meet fourteen year old Bea Parker. Bea is having a hard time lately. Bea just discovered that the family she lived with her whole life – her aunt and uncle and her cousins -  aren’t really her family at all. Now Bea isn’t only struggling with being a late- bloomer but also with trying to find out more about where she came from.
One evening Bea finds a strange device that changes her life forever. Not knowing what to do with the device, she asks Calvin , genius and nerd, to help her out. Soon Bea and Calvin find themselves in great danger and discover a world they never knew existed.

‘The Intergalactic Adventures of Queen Bea’ was definitely a book that was filled with mystery and adventures. From the moment I started reading about Bea I felt myself connect with her. Bea doesn’t feel like she belongs anywhere and she just feels kind of awkward (who haven’t felt like that before??). I really enjoyed reading about Bea and her family. Bea lived in a house filled with love but after she found out she wasn’t really related to her family, she just felt different and tried to sort out her many different feelings. This journey was very nice to read.

Although the beginning was a little slow, I really liked this book. I liked the main character Bea and I loved the way the author was able to describe a different world. It was definitely fun to read the chapters from Bea’s point of view, and those of Vaslow’s, Bea’s guardian from on another world, point of view. The story was intriguing and kept you hooked.
I also really loved Calvin. In the beginning he was just a little strange and nerdy, but soon he became this great friend to Bea and I really enjoyed reading about him.

If your into sci-fi and fantasy this is definitely a book you should check out. I really enjoyed it and I can’t wait to read the next book in this series. 

My Rating:

 


About the Author:

 

I discovered science fiction when I was four. My father loved Star Trek, the original series. Every Friday night he’d make a big deal of getting the house quiet so he could hear the TV. The importance of it drew me in. And then I was hooked on other worlds, molecules being scrambled and reformed, and meeting totally logical aliens. As I grew older and continued to watch, I loved the idea that a story could explore our contemporary dilemmas couched in two-tone faces or hidden with green skin. Science fiction was the “gateway genre” that led me to fantasy and paranormal fiction.

I began my first novel at age 12. I still have the ring binder with the hand-written pages of OOTG-1 (that stands for Out of the Galaxy)—the story of the first manned expedition to venture forth beyond our galaxy. Alas, after about thirty pages my hand got tired and the crew never left the Milky Way. But that experience sparked a lifelong love of writing which  has continued through my school days to the present.

When I'm not enjoying the alternate universes of my written creations, I live, work, and play  Seattle, Washington.

For more information about Jeanne Gransee Barker please visit her website, Facebook and Twitter.

Giveaway:

 

a Rafflecopter giveaway This event was organized by CBB Book Promotions.


2 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you enjoyed this! Thank you so much for hosting a tour stop and sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really a great read and you're very welcome :D

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com