Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Blog Tour 'Langston's Daughters' by Juliette Harper


Welcome to my tour stop for the blog tour of ‘Langston's Daughters’ by Juliette Harper. This is an adult contemporary mystery that is also very focused on family, small town and ranch life as well as some clean romance. This is the first in the series. It is appropriate for ages 16+.
The tour runs Feb. 23- March 6 with reviews, author interviews, guest posts and excerpts. Check out the tour page for more information.



About the Book:


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23665824-langston-s-daughters
Kate, Jenny, and Mandy. Langston Lockwood’s daughters. His tyranny drove them away. His suicide draws them home. They inherit his land, his millions, and his mysteries. Meet the women of the Rocking L and the men who come into their lives. Together, they begin the journey to discover the truth about The Lockwood Legacy. From the pain of the past they find the strength to build a dynasty.

This book is available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords and Kobo.

 

 

 

 

My Review:


When I first read about ‘Langston’s Daughters’ I was immediately intrigued by this story. I love stories about family life, barns and of course cowboys, so this book sounded like my kind of thing.

In ‘Langston’s Daughter’ we meet the three sisters Kate, Jenny and Mandy. All three Langton’s Daughters have been living their own lives, trying to get away from their unkind Texas father. But when their father ends his life they are forced to get back to the town they grew up in. They are surprised to learn that all three daughters inherited their fathers land and a lot of money. But there is a catch to the inheritance and soon they learn that there father had a lot of secrets.

This book was easy to read and I loved reading about the sisters and their relationship with each other. All three sisters are different but they all have one thing in common: there love for each other. I think I loved Kate the most. She was the responsible sister who was forced to take care of her sisters when her mom died. Kate was just such a strong character and I loved how she made a life for herself despite all the things her father said to take her down.

Not only is this book about family and life, but there is also a lot of mystery and even a little romance. Although I really enjoyed reading this story I was a little disappointed when I learned that this book was so short. I think this book could have been even better if there was just more depth into the individual stories. More depth would have made this book a little longer but I think that would have made this book even better. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t want to read the next book in this series. I think this series has very much potential and I can’t wait to read more about the sisters and their love interests.

 

My Rating:

 

 

About the Author:

 

Juliette Harper is the pen name used by the writing team of Patricia Pauletti and Rana K. Williamson. Like the characters of their debut series, The Lockwood Legacy, Juliette is a merging of their creative energies.

Pauletti, an Easterner of Italian descent, is an accomplished musician with an eye for art and design. Williamson, a Texan from a long line of hardheaded Scots, knows the world of the Lockwoods like the back of her hand.

“We decided to write under a pen name because neither one of us by ourselves could have created Kate, Jenny, Mandy, and their world,” says Pauletti. “Juliette is a little bit of us both. We want to be her when we grow up.”

“Patti teases me that I just don’t want to own up to writing a book with romance in it,” Williamson adds, “but that’s not true. I like the Lockwood women and the way they tackle everything life throws at them. And before we’re done, they’ll be ducking a lot. I imagine coming into the office every day and saying, ‘Okay Juliette, what’s going to happen now?’ She tells us, and we get it down on paper.”

For more information about Juliette Harper please visit the website and Twitter

Giveaway:

 

a Rafflecopter giveaway This event was organized by CBB Book Promotions.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maureen, thanks so much for your nice review. The second book, Baxter's Draw, is now available -- and it's longer. LOL Hard at work on the third one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I can't wait to read the next book! Keep up the good work :)

      Delete
  2. I was just going to say what Juliette said. That they are rapid releases so there's not much wait between them. I think for me I prefer the shorter books and rapid release rather than the longer books but it's definitely a personal choice. I also find I'm much quicker to say yes to review a short book. It's probably the blogger in me, trying to squeeze in as many books as I can!
    Thank you so much for hosting a tour stop and reviewing today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! And I can definitely understand what you mean about saying yes to review a short book. I do agree on that, but sometimes if a book is very enjoyable I just don't want it to end so soon :D

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com