Thursday, February 19, 2015

Blog Tour 'Obsession in Death' by J.D. Robb


Today I’m excited to participate in the blog tour of ‘Obsession in Death’ by J.D. Robb. ‘Obsession in Death’ is already the fortieth book in the In Death series and was published on February 12th by Piatkus.

About the Book:


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23308265-obsession-in-death
A crisp winter morning in New York, in a luxury apartment, the body of a woman lies stretched out on a huge bed. On the wall above, the killer has left a message in bold black ink:  FOR LIEUTENANT EVE DALLAS, WITH GREAT ADMIRATION AND UNDERSTANDING.

Eve Dallas is used to unwanted attention. Famous for her high-profile cases and her marriage to billionaire businessman Roarke, she has learned to deal with intense public scrutiny and media gossip. But now Eve has become the object of a singular and deadly obsession. She has an 'admirer', who just can't stop thinking about her. Who is convinced they have a special bond. Who is planning to kill for her - again and again.

With time against her, Eve is forced to play a delicate - and dangerous - psychological dance. Because the killer is desperate for something Eve can never provide - approval. And once that becomes clear, Eve knows her own life will be at risk - along with those she cares about the most. 

My Review:


I’ve have read a view books by Nora Roberts in the last year. I loved her books and the way she was able to completely pull me into her stories. So when I learned that Nora Roberts also writers thrillers using the pseudonym J.D. Robb I was stunned I didn’t know that before. I love thrillers and especially those involving cops and murder investigations. So when the Little Brown Book Group contacted me with the question if I wanted to read and review this book I immediately said YES!

The first thing that comes to my mind after reading ‘Obsession in Death’, the fortieth book in the In Death series, is that I’ve been living under a huge rock these last couple of years. How is it possible that I haven’t read any of the books in this series before?? Fortunately for me ‘Obsession in Death’ can be read as a standalone.
In ‘Obsession in Death’ Lieutenant Eve Dallas is called in to investigate a murder case with a murderer who has a personal message for Eve. Eve is used to unwanted attention since she worked some high profile cases and is married to billionaire businessman Roarke, but this case is different. The murderer is not only obsessed with Eve, but also believes she is her one and only truly friend. And soon Eve is forced to suspect everyone and protect every person she loves.

From the very first page J.D. Robb’s writing style was able to pull me into the story. I loved the way this story was written with a lot of details. I almost felt like I was a part of the murder investigation standing next to Eve Dallas. The story was very thrilling and exciting and kept me on the edge of my seat. There are many twists in this book and I just couldn’t predict what would happen next.
Next to Eve’s story we read little bits of stuff happening in the murderers life, and that made this book even more exciting.

The characters were also a major part of why I loved this book so much. Eve Dallas is this tough, at least to the outside world, and hardworking woman and she is an amazing cop. Her husband Roarke is this handsome Irish billionaire who does everything for his wife and her safety. I loved how they interacted and how passionate they were.
What I didn’t know before I started this book, is that this series takes place in the future. A future where technology is much more advanced and a lot can be done by computers. This little detail was a surprise for me but I loved it.

If you’re a fan of thrillers and murder investigations this series and this book is definitely one for you. After reading this book I’m determined to read more books in this series and learn all there is to know about this Lieutenant and her Irish husband. Well done, Nora Roberts a.k.a. J.D. Robb, you have a new fan! :D

My Rating:

 

 

About the Author:

 

Nora Roberts is the number one New York Times bestseller of more than 200 novels. She published her first novel using the pseudonym J.D. Robb in 1995, with the In Death series, Robb has become one of the biggest thriller writers on earth, with each new novel reaching number one on bestseller charts over the world. With over 450 million copies of her books in print, she is indisputably one of the most celebrated and popular writers in the world.

For more information about Nora Roberts and ‘Obsession in Death’ please visit her website, Goodreads and Amazon. Or visit Nora’s Facebook page.   

The Blog Tour:

 

 


Many thanks to Clara Diaz and Little, Brown Book Group for giving me the opportunity to read this amazing book.

https://www.littlebrown.co.uk/
 

4 comments:

  1. I didn't realize that Robb was Robert as well! Man, that woman can write books like mad! I will have to check this book out!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one ;) You should definitely give this book a try. It's very good!
      Thanks for visiting ;)

      Delete
  2. I am a big fan of Roberts and love her books..Will have to check this book out...Loved your review Maureen and hope to start on this one soon :)


    -Nikita @Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you love Roberts I definitely think you will like this one ;)

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com