Thursday, March 12, 2015

Blog Tour 'One Great Year' by Tamara Veitch and Rene Defazio


Today I'm excited to participate in the Blog Tour of ‘One Great Year’ by Tamara Veitch and Rene Defazio. This is an adult book that has romance, historical fiction, literary fiction, philosophical fiction, fantasy, science fiction and adventure.
The tour runs March 9-20 with reviews, author interviews, excerpts and a few guest posts.


About the Book:


An epic, thought-provoking tale of reincarnation, love, and the struggle of good against evil.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17859210-one-great-year?ac=1
As the world descends from a Golden Age into darkness and brutality, Marcus has been reincarnated an exhausting number of times. Selected to become an Emissary, it is his duty to protect the ancient secrets. His adventure is heightened because he secretly consumes a serum that allows him to have memory from one lifetime to the next. In doing so, he sets himself up for thousands of years of torment, loneliness, and searching.

Desperate to never forget his soulmate, Theron, and never sure if he was truly meant to be an Emissary, Marcus struggles through lifetimes to overcome his cruel and powerful nemesis, Helghul.

Fusing the adventure of Indiana Jones with the introspection and wisdom of Eckhart Tolle, One Great Year takes readers on an epic journey through history, following characters who are born and reborn as they struggle to triumph over evil.

For more information about this book please visit Goodreads, Amazon and OneGreatYear.com.

My Review:


When I first read about ‘One Great Year’ I was immediately fascinated by this story. Although I don’t normally read many books involving history I decided to give this one a change. The sound of love and reincarnation just made me really want to read this story. So when I signed up for the blog tour I was really anxious to begin this book.. Thankfully for me.. Soon I could start reading.

In ‘One Great Year’ we follow Marcus through his many lives in search for his one true love Theron. In his first lifetime he fell desperately in love with Theron, and although they were chosen on a path in which they couldn’t be together anymore, Marcus is set on finding his love once again. In ‘One Great Year’ we follow Marcus in his many different lives, through many different parts in history. But unfortunately for Marcus there’s also Helghul, his powerful nemesis. Helghul is also reincarnated many times, and just like Marcus he remembers all his previous lives.

The one thing that keeps coming back to me after reading this book is WOW!! Even if you didn’t like this book, there must be admiration for Tamara Veitch and Rene Defazio. This book is beautifully written, intriguing, fascinating and above all incredibly and professionally intertwined with ancient history. I’m just in awe with the authors ability to write this kind of story.

But even though this story was definitely well written and really fascinating there were some parts in this book I just didn’t really ‘feel’. For example the romance between Marcus and Theron. There was talk about Chakra points and souls intertwined, and even though I’m definitely a sucker for the soulmate concept I just don’t get the whole Chakra thing. I also really didn’t think Theron was just as ‘in love’ with Marcus as he was with her. That part in this book just didn’t feel right.

Although I didn’t really like the romance bit I did love the authors ability to keep me interested in this story. I just had to finish it! And what I also really loved was the way, even though Marcus has had many incarnations and his ‘name’ changed, I could always keep up with the different names. (And if you’ve read any of my previous reviews you know that me and many names are not a great combo. )

I would definitely recommend this book to history, reincarnation and mythology lovers. 

My Rating:

 


About the Authors:


What happens when two passionate writer-artists fall in love and decide to make an uncommon life together? The award-winning novel ‘One Great Year’ and its forthcoming sequels are just a few of the awesome possibilities!

Born and raised in the Vancouver area, Rene DeFazio is an actor, screenwriter and producer with numerous film and television roles to his credit, as well as countless commercials and print ads. After spending many years backpacking and filming, Rene drew upon an abundance of unusual and exciting experiences to create ‘One Great Year’. His tireless research and firsthand knowledge of exotic locations, customs, sights and smells helped to bring this epic story to life.

Tamara Veitch is a writer, artist and mother. She also grew up in the Vancouver area, and attended Simon Fraser University to study English and psychology. Tamara worked as a special education assistant for the Vancouver School Board, and later opened her own mural painting business.

‘One Great Year’ took three painstaking years to complete. Within months of its independent release, One Great Year was optioned to become a Hollywood blockbuster film trilogy. Rene and Tamara have also partnered with Greenleaf Book Group for their literary debut and U.S. release, in October 2013.

The authors are currently writing the second and third books in the ‘One Great Year’ series, filming a documentary, embarking on a book tour, and offering free seminars called POD Parties (Plain ol’ Discussion about monumental topics), where they discuss the ancient history, modern science, and inspirations layered throughout ‘One Great Year’.  

For more information about this book and the authors please visit the website, Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads and Instagram.

Giveaway:

 a Rafflecopter giveaway

This event was organized by CBB Book Promotions.


 

4 comments:

  1. I knew this tour would get some different takes on the book, it's a different sort of story. Because I've been learning about the Chakra's for a few months as well as reincarnation, Atlantis, etc I can more easily understand and connect with it. I can see how some might not fully understand bits and pieces. But if it's your first introduction to these things you'll start noticing them more often. You might start to notice articles about the Chakra's or see it on TV. I know I did. So later on down the road some of the things you read about that didn't click, may suddenly start to make more sense.
    I'm grateful you gave it a read and enjoyed it, thanks so much for hosting a tour stop and sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it would be a different kind of book, and it sure was. But I'm happy I tried it! I love trying new things. Thanks for letting me be a part of the tour. ;)

      Delete
  2. Thank-you so much Maureen for reading and supporting One Great Year! Your review came out the week of our wedding and added to the fun and excitement. With Gratitude, Tamara and Rene. (authors of One Great Year)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! Congratulations on your wedding! And thank you so much for visiting my blog :D

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com