Monday, March 23, 2015

Blog Tour 'Silk' by Chris Karlsen


Welcome to my tour stop for the historical suspence novel ‘Silk’ by Chris Karlsen. This is an adult book and is rated NC17. This is a review tour and it runs March 16- 27th. Check out the tour page for more information and the tour schedule.


About the Book:


Silk on the skin—luxurious, luscious..lethal.

London-Fall, 1888

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23826233-silkThe city is in a panic as Jack the Ripper continues his murderous spree. While the Whitechapel police struggle to find him, Detective Inspector Rudyard Bloodstone and his partner are working feverishly to find their own serial killer. The British Museum's beautiful gardens have become a killing ground for young women strangled as they stroll through.

Their investigation has them brushing up against Viscount Everhard, a powerful member of the House of Lords, and a friend to Queen Victoria. When the circumstantial evidence points to him as a suspect, Rudyard must deal with the political blowback, and knows if they are going to go after the viscount, they'd better be right and have proof.

As the body count grows and the public clamor for the detectives to do more, inter-department rivalries complicate the already difficult case.

What would you do to stay young: Lie, Manipulate..kill?

My Review:


I read a lot of different kinds of books. So when I read the book description of ‘Silk’ I was really fascinated by this story. I love detectives and books with a lot of mystery so ‘Silk’ sounded like a perfect read. When I learned that I was a part of the blog tour, I was really excited and couldn’t wait to start reading.

In ‘Silk’ we visit Victorian London, the time of Jack the Ripper and a place with a lot of mystery. Many people are busy with finding Jack the Ripper and speculating about who he is. But Detective Inspector Rudyard Bloodstone is busy with his own investigation. Two young woman are found strangled and there aren’t many clues to follow up. Fortunately Rudyard isn’t just some detective, he is very good in what he does and soon there are slowly getting closer to the murderer.

Like I said before I really like books with mystery and this book is perfect in that way. There is a lot of mystery and dark stuff but I really liked it. What I liked most was the way this book goes from the Detective point of view to the point of view of a murderer. I found it really fascinating to read about the thoughts and ideas of a murderer. Although it sounds a little dark and twisted, this part made the book a perfect enjoyable read for me.

Chris Karlsen was able to completely pull me into the Victorian era and I found myself unable to stop reading. The main character Rudyard was easy to like and I loved to read about how he lived his life outside his work. Although we learn more about Rudyard’s life, there isn’t too much information that will make you lose interest in the story.

This book was just a perfect blend of mystery and detective. I loved the way this book was not like many other books out there. It was different but definitely worth reading. This book will make you guess until the very end!!

My Rating:

 


Book Trailer:

 

 

About the Author:


I was born and raised in Chicago. My father was a history professor and my mother was, and is, a voracious reader. I grew up with a love of history and books.

My parents also love traveling, a passion they passed onto me. I wanted to see the places I read about, see the land and monuments from the time periods that fascinated me. I’ve had the good fortune to travel extensively throughout Europe, the Near East, and North Africa.

I am a retired police detective. I spent twenty-five years in law enforcement with two different agencies. My desire to write came in my early teens. After I retired, I decided to pursue that dream. I write two different series. My paranormal romance series is called, Knights in Time. My romantic thriller series is, Dangerous Waters.

I currently live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband, four rescue dogs and a rescue horse.

For more information about Chris Karlsen please visit her website, Facebook and Pinterest

Giveaway:

 

a Rafflecopter giveaway This event was organized by CBB Book Promotions.



6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you really enjoyed this! Thank you so much for hosting a tour stop and sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It was truly a great read :D

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Maureen for the lovely review and the opportunity to showcase Silk. It is much appreciated.
    Chris Karlsen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I loved reading your book ;)

      Delete
  3. Loved your review Maureen..I enjoyed reading Silk and will be checking out more books by Chris. :)
    Read my Review here: http://www.njkinnysblog.com/2015/03/book-review-silk-bloodstone-series-book.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's was really a great book!
      Thank you so much for visiting my blog ;)

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com