Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Books I’ve Wanted to Read Forever But Somehow Never Did


I’ve been an avid reader ever since I was a little girl. In my twenty five years I’ve read at least a thousand books (since I read a hundred books each year). But like every reader out there, I still have thousands of books on my TBR list and there are many books I wanted to read forever but somehow I never did. 

For example ‘Tess of the D’Urbervilles’ by Thomas Hardy. This book is a classic and was first published in 1891. I’ve heard about this book for ages and I always wanted to read it. I’ve read some beautiful quotes from this book like:

"How can I pray for you, when I am forbidden to believe that the great Power who moves the world would alter his plans on my account?"
 
But still I somehow never read this book.


Another book I’ve always wanted to read was 'Moby Dick' by HermanMelville. This book is offiously also a classic and I’ve heard, like almost everyone I think, about this book for years. I just really want to read it myself. 


But I don’t have only classics on this list. A view years back I read ‘Eragon’ by Christopher Paolini, and I loved that book. Somehow I’ve never read the other three books in the series. Last Christmas I got the complete Inheritance Cycle as a gift and I totally plan to finish reading this series. 





I think there will always be books left I still would have liked to read. There are so many great novels out there and life is just too short to read them all. But I’ll sure try to do my best and read as many books as possible. 

Which books are on your ‘Books I’ve Wanted to Read Forever But Somehow Never Did’ list? 

Thank you for visiting Maureen's Books!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com