Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Review 'Cat's Lair' by Christine Feehan


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25116129-cat-s-lairPrepare to enter the lair of the Leopard People...

The #1 New York Times bestselling author of 'Leopard's Prey' returns to the feral underworld of her astonishing Leopard novels in an arousing new romance of forbidden animal instincts...

Cat Benoit has finally escaped the past - and the man who was the source of her nightmares. She's off the grid, underground but watchful, and creating a new life for herself in Texas, far from the torrid dangers of her native New Orleans. She's safe. He'll never find her this time. Cat has to believe that. It's the only thing keeping her sane.

Yet she can't escape the attention of Ridley Cromer, the instructor at the martial arts dojo where Cat takes lessons. She arouses the animal in Ridley-and something feral comes to life when their body heat rises. Cat is in no position to let her guard down with anyone, especially someone who could be endangered by her past. But Ridley has secrets of his own-secrets only Cat would understand. If she dares to trust him.

My Review:


A couple of weeks ago I read ‘Viper Game’ by Christine Feehan. And although that book didn’t wow me, I really did enjoy it. So when I received ‘Cat’s Lair’ I was super excited to start reading it. The cover looks amazing. I loved the blue eyes and the city at the background. Definitely a book I would grab only by seeing the cover.

In ‘Cat’s Lair’ we meet Cat Benoit. Cat has escaped the house she grew up in after she witnessed some terrible things. Now Cat tries to live her life in Texas. Cat has learnt to make herself invisible. At least that is what she thing. Cat doesn’t interact with many people and she has a job in a little book/ cafĂ© shop. But lately she been catching the eyes of Ridley Cromer, a handsome, martial arts instructor. Ridley is the only man Cat ever felt an attraction to, but she is scared as hell and tries to stay away from him. But Ridley is determined to get to know Cat. Even though Ridley has many secrets of his own, he is slowly earning Cat’s trust. But at what price?

From the moment I started reading ‘Cat’s Lair’ I really enjoyed the story. I love paranormal romance stories and the romance in this book is definitely very enjoyable. The romance starts very slowly and soon becomes more and more romantic, sexy and addicting.
I loved the main character Cat. She is a very strong character but her past made her feel like she isn’t worth of anything. Certainly not love. Cat doesn’t trust easy and I loved how honest she was about this towards Ridley. Halfway through this book there is a lot of sex scenes, and although I definitely don’t mind reading those scenes, I did feel like it was a little too much. And near the end it began to bother me a little.

The paranormal part of this book was fun to read. I enjoy books about shifters and reading about shifting into Leopards was definitely fun.
The other part that bothered me a little about this book was the way Ridley was so dominating and not always very kind to Cat. Especially his ‘morning-wake-up-rule’ makes me dislike him a little. He definitely has his sweet and adoring parts but his dominating part was way too much for me. I just wanted to kick him while reading it.

But overall I did like this book. It was fun and very addicting to read. I really wanted to know how this book would end, so I couldn’t stop reading. Christine Feehan’s writing style is really fun and easy to follow. I definitely would like to read more from her.

 

My Rating:

 

 

About the Author:


#1 New York Times bestselling author Christine Feehan has over 40 novels published, including four series. Each of her four series has hit #1 on the NY Times. Christine Feehan has received numerous honours including being a nominee for the Romance Writers of America RITA and receiving a Career Achievement Award from Romantic Times.  Her debut novel Dark Prince received 3 of the 9 Paranormal Excellence Awards in Romantic Literature for 1999. Since then she has been published by Leisure Books, Pocket Books, and currently is writing for Berkley/Jove. She also has earned 7 more PEARL awards.

In her own words:
'I am a mother, first and foremost in my life. Family is very important to me. I have several children all of whom drive me crazy on a daily basis. And I have four Maltese that are even worse. LOL! I love living in the country and I find that it continues to inspire my writing.. which is my ultimate passion in life.

I am a writer and have been almost my entire life. I have to write every day or I'll drive my family crazy. I first became a published author in 1999 with the release of Dark Prince. Before that I had a wide variety of jobs including being a full time mom, a martial arts instructor, a telephone operator, and I even worked for a newspaper. Now I’m able to write full time. I usually have four new books released per year.' 
For more information about the 'Dark' series and Christine Feehan please visit her website, Goodreads and Amazon. Or look for Christine on Facebook.

Many thanks to Clara Diaz and Little, Brown Book Group for giving me the opportunity to read this  book.

https://www.littlebrown.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com