Friday, July 10, 2015

Being a Book Blogging Nurse


Other than being a book blogger, I’m also a full time nurse at an Academic Hospital in the Netherlands. When I’m not reading or blogging, I’m probably at work. I work on the Traumatology department and I see some pretty bad things in my work. Car accidents, bike accidents, people who got shot, suicide attempts etc. My days as a nurse are definitely never boring.

So when I have a free day I love to read and relax. I love to get lost in a book. Not thinking about all the bad stuff in the world. Being a blogger and reading all kinds of books are the things that keep me going. It’s not always easy to do, next to a job that asks a lot of me and being a very ambitious person. There are days that I come home exhausted from a hard day of work and don’t really want to start the laptop to type another review or blog post. But in the end I always feel better after working on my blog or reviewing a book. It’s what makes me happy.

Being a book blogger and a Nurse is definitely something that asks a lot of planning. Especially since I work all kinds of shifts (night, evening, day). Thankfully I’m very good at planning. I love lists and planners and I put a lot of work into planning everything for my blog. Next to my work and reading and blogging, I don’t have a lot of time for other stuff. But I always try to work things out so I can also see my friends and family. And most importantly I have a very supportive boyfriend, who always tells me to do what I love.

So nowadays I see myself as a Book Blogging Nurse. It’s not only what I do, it’s what I am!

Thank you for visiting Maureen's Books!

 

Maureen's Books

2 comments:

  1. Wow...It is really difficult to blog while also working full time. Kudos, Maureen and all the best! :)

    -Njkinny @Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thank you so much for stopping by ;)

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com