1. I love country music. Tim McCraw, Taylor Swift, Luke Bryan, Lady Antebellum.. I love them all. It’s the music I love listening to the most. And since I live in The Netherlands it means I haven’t seen any one of them in real life before. I missed out on tickets for Taylor Swift’s concert a view weeks ago in Amsterdam.
2. I have a Grey’s Anatomy addiction! I seriously love that show and I have all the seasons on DVD. I’ve been watching that show since it started in 2005. I started Nursing school the same year and I remember watching episodes in between studying. This series can go on forever if you ask me. It’s my favorite show ever.
3. I’m scared of clowns and all other people who dress up and wear costumes. They seriously creep me out. There’s this square in Amsterdam called ‘De Dam’ where a lot of people wear costumes and do this standing-still act.. I can’t walk on the Dam square without checking it on ‘scary’ people.
4. Till I was nine years old I went to Switzerland with my family on every holiday and occasion possible. This means that almost every early childhood memory I have was in Switzerland. We went to the same house with the same owner every time. And I loved it. I celebrated every birthday there, since my birthday is in August.
I’ve been there after my ninth year, but not as much as my first eight years. The last time I visited Switzerland was in 2007 when I was seventeen years old. I miss that country so much. And I really hope to go there someday with my boyfriend and show him where I grew up and walked in the mountains.
5. I recently quit smoking, a bad habit I have had for more than half my life. (Yes, I wrote half my life!) I’ve quit smoking more than ones and I even stopped for more than year. Somehow I always start again, but now I plan to stop forever because I found out something: I have more time for reading since I quit! :D We only smoke outside because I think it smells very bad indoors, so I used to go outside a lot. Not anymore so I have more reading time!! LOL
6. I used to do a lot of horseback riding. At least once a week, mostly twice, I went horseback riding. And I loved it. Due to circumstances I had to quit horseback riding when I was fourteen and I still miss it every day. I’ve been thinking of starting again but is costs so much money and since I have irregular working hours I don’t really know how I could make it work. But I’m still thinking ;)
7. I was a vegetarian for six months when I was in my teens. I always loved animals and someday I decided to become a vegetarian. Since I didn’t like cheese and a lot of vegetables at the time, I didn’t eat much. So after six months of starving myself and eating very strange vegetarian meat I went to McDonalds to eat a hamburger. I’m just weak. I couldn’t do it. But I really look up to people who are vegetarian. I just love meat too much to give it up. :)
8. I love notebooks. Seriously! I buy a lot of them without really needing them at all. And most of the times I don’t really use them. But they are just so damn cute and I love the look of clean empty paper waiting for me to write on them!!
9. Titanic is the movie I’ve seen the most. I have a least seen this movie more than a hundred times since it came out. I can recite complete scenes from memory and I had a huge crush on Leonardo Dicaprio. I love everything about that movie and it can still make me cry. Nowadays I don’t watch it a lot anymore, but I still think it’s a great movie.
10. I loved doing my homework when I was in High School and Nursing School. I know many people hate it, but I loved working on stuff home. I loved looking things up and making essays and doing research. I still love doing research for my work and I seriously don’t mind doing work stuff at home. I love studying and I always had and have everything in order.