Friday, August 21, 2015

Blog Tour 'Fantasy Lover' by Sherrilyn Kenyon & 'Dark Prince' by Christine Feehan


Today I'm excited to participate in the Blog Tour of 'Fantasy Lover' by Sherrilyn Kenyon & 'Dark Prince' by Christine Feehan. Both books are the first ones in their most famous and successful series. 'Fantasy Lover' is the first book in the Dark Hunter series and was first published in 2002. 'Dark Prince' is the first book in the Dark Carpathian and was first published in 1999.


About 'Fantasy Lover' (Dark Hunter #1):

 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/304026.Fantasy_Lover
In 'Fantasy Lover' , international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon has penned a highly original novel inspired by Greek mythology that is utterly captivating and completely unputdownable.

It might sound like a man's favorite fantasy - to live forever, destined to be the lover of thousands of women. But for Julian of Macedon, it's a nightmare. Once he was a proud Spartan general; now he's a love-slave, his essence magically held captive in a book, cursed to spend all eternity pleasing women. Then, one day, Grace Alexander summons Julian to fulfill her passionate dreams - and sees beyond the fantasy to the man himself.

Long years as a sex therapist, listening to other people's bedroom problems, have taken a lot of the fun out of the physical side of love for Grace. But with or without sex, the rules of the enchantment cannot be changed - Julian is hers for the next month. And, as their time together slips by, Julian and Grace find more to share than sympathy and conversation and they begin to wonder if love might be within their grasp. That leaves only one question. Is love enough to break a 2,000-year-old curse?

My Review:


I have read a view of Sherrilyn Kenyon’s books before, so when I was asked to read ‘Fantasy Lover’, the first book in the Dark Hunter series I was immediately interested. The books I’ve read by Sherrilyn Kenyon were fun and interesting so I couldn’t wait to start reading this one.

In ‘Fantasy Lover’ we meet Grace and Julian. Julian has lived thousands of years due to a curse which made him a love slave. For many many years, he was forced to seduce woman. But when Julian meets Grace, everything changes.
Grace isn’t a real fan of sex, but somehow she still became a sex therapist. Something that makes her friends laugh every time. One day she decides to summon a love slave just for fun and without believing she really will be summoning anyone. But then the strangest thing happens and Julian arrives in her home. Slowly on things will change for Grace and Julian, but the curse will always be in their way.

I didn’t really know what to expect about ‘Fantasy Lover’. Although I liked the previous Sherrilyn Kenyon Books I read, I wasn’t super enthusiastic about the book description. The sound of a love/sex slave just doesn’t really make me want to grab the book. But I still really wanted to give it a try.

The writing in this book is easy to follow and real funny at times. Although this book includes some Greek god mythology, it is written in the modern time and the combination of old mythology in modern times sure was fun to read.
The main characters Grace and Julian were also fun to read about. I really laughed about Grace’s character. I mean, how on earth does someone who doesn’t like sex become a sex therapist? Those who can’t do teach, I suppose. (LOL) What I also really liked about Grace, was the way she was able to say no to Julian, a love slave whose job it was to give her pleasure. I mean Julian isn’t an average looking guy. We’re talking Greek God here… Bravo Grace. You make the feminist in me very happy.

Overall I did enjoy this book, but still had some little issues with the love/sex slave part. That’s why I give this book three stars. The book was funny, but not a book I would want to read again any time soon. 

My Rating:

 


About the Author:

 

Writing as Sherrilyn Kenyon and Kinley MacGregor, she is the New York Times bestselling and award-winning author of several series: the Dark-Hunters; the Lords of Avalon; and the League. She lives with her husband and three sons in Nashville, Tennessee.
 
With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and who travel from all over the world to attend her appearances), her books are always snatched up as soon as they appear on store shelves. Since 2004, she had placed more than 65 novels on the New York Times list in all formats including manga and graphic novels. Her current series are: Dark-Hunter, Chronicles of Nick and The League, and her books are available in over 100 countries where eager fans impatiently wait for the next release. Her Chronicles of Nick and Dark-Hunter series are soon to be major motion pictures while Dark-Hunter is also being developed as a television series.

For more information about 'Instinct' and Sherrilyn Kenyon please visit her website, Goodreads, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.

About 'Dark Prince' (Dark Carpathian #1):

 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10186858-dark-prince
Carpathians are an immortal race of beings with animal instincts. Every Carpathian male is drawn to his life mate: a Carpathian or human female able to provide the light to his darkness. Without her, the beast within slowly consumes the man until turning vampire is the only option.'

Raven Whitney is a psychic who has used her gift to help the police track down a serial killer. Now she is determined to escape the glare of recent publicity for the peace and quiet of the Carpathian Mountains. Prince Mikhail Dubrinsky is the leader of his people but, as his ancient Carpathian race grows ever closer to extinction, he is close to giving in to the heavy weight of loneliness and despair. From the moment their minds touch, Raven and Mikhail form a connection. But there are those who incorrectly view all Carpathians as vampires, and are determined to give their extinction a helping hand.

My Review:


In the last two years I have read several books by Christine Feehan. So when I received ‘Dark Prince’ (The Author’s Cut Special Edition’, I was really excited to start reading it.

In ‘Dark Prince’ we meet Raven Whitney and Mikhail Dubrinsky. Raven is a strong minded woman with a telepathic gift she uses to hunt serial killers. Mikhail is the Prince of the Carpathians, an ancient race whose males become vampires if they don’t find a mate. For Mikhail and his kind this is the most terrible thing that could happen.
When Mikhail is almost ready to give up he hears something he will never forget: Raven. But although Mikhail will do anything he can to be with Raven and protect her, there are forces coming for them and they want nothing more than to destroy them.

I read a lot of reviews about this book before I even had a copy in my possession. I remember reading more negative reviews than positive ones. I always try to keep an open mind, but I must admit I was feeling a little nervous about starting this book. But fortunately for me I really liked this book, especially at the beginning when Raven and Mikhail found each other. I loved the way Christine Feehan wrote this story and how romantic this book was at heart.

I did sometimes feel like there was a little too much alpha male going on in this book. The character of Mikhail could really be a little too damn arrogant. But although it bothered me at times, I just really wanted to keep on reading and find out how the relationship of Raven and Mikhail would continue. There was a lot of chemistry between the two main characters and it definitely was fascinating to read.

I’m definitely a fan of Christine Feehan and her books. They are fascinating and original reads and I really recommend them to other paranormal romance readers out there. 

My Rating:

 


About the Author:


#1 New York Times bestselling author Christine Feehan has over 40 novels published, including four series. Each of her four series has hit #1 on the NY Times. Christine Feehan has received numerous honours including being a nominee for the Romance Writers of America RITA and receiving a Career Achievement Award from Romantic Times.  Her debut novel Dark Prince received 3 of the 9 Paranormal Excellence Awards in Romantic Literature for 1999. Since then she has been published by Leisure Books, Pocket Books, and currently is writing for Berkley/Jove. She also has earned 7 more PEARL awards.

In her own words:
'I am a mother, first and foremost in my life. Family is very important to me. I have several children all of whom drive me crazy on a daily basis. And I have four Maltese that are even worse. LOL! I love living in the country and I find that it continues to inspire my writing.. which is my ultimate passion in life.

I am a writer and have been almost my entire life. I have to write every day or I'll drive my family crazy. I first became a published author in 1999 with the release of Dark Prince. Before that I had a wide variety of jobs including being a full time mom, a martial arts instructor, a telephone operator, and I even worked for a newspaper. Now I’m able to write full time. I usually have four new books released per year.'
 
For more information about Christine Feehan and her books please visit her website, Goodreads and Amazon. Or look for Christine on Facebook.

I received these books in exchange for my honest review from the Little, Brown Book Group.
 
https://www.littlebrown.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com