Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday's Author Spotlight: Sam Davis



Today I’m super excited to have author Sam Davis on the Sunday’s Author Spotlight. Sam Davis is the author of ‘Ryan Revisited’, a New Adult Contemporary standalone novel. ‘Ryan Revisited’ was published on June 14th and already has received many raving reviews.
Come learn more about Sam Davis and her book here today!

 

About 'Ryan Revisited':


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18715344-ryan-revisited?from_search=true&search_version=serviceWhen you don’t have any idea who you are, how do you decide who you want to be?

Who is Ryan Ester? The Southern-belle-in-training her estranged father wants her to be? The laid-back Montana girl she became after her parents’ divorce? Or someone she has to discover on her own?

When Ryan’s only shot at going to college is on her father’s dime, Ryan leaves Bluffs, Montana to return to the antebellum South she once called home. As if the move wasn’t hard enough, Ryan’s first love, who recently left her a broken-hearted mess, has a scholarship to none other than Ryan’s destination, the University of the South.

Ryan Ester may not know who she is, but she sure as heck knows who she doesn’t want to become. As she tries to navigate scandal, heartache, and the unbearable pressure to look and act perfect every waking second, she resents being pushed by everyone who wants to decide for her. For the sake of her own sanity and the hearts of those she cares most about, she will have to find a way to forge her own path.

‘Ryan Revisited’ is the story of a young woman’s search for identity. For serenity. For the perfect landing spot for her aching heart.

Author’s Note: ‘Ryan Revisited’ is also suitable for Mature YA readers as it does not contain graphic sexual situations.

This book is available through Amazon, Smashwords and Barnes & Noble.   

Interview with Sam Davis:


Tell us a little more about who Sam Davis is?

Sam Davis loves to write tucked away in her cave with a large sweet iced tea and the occasional (grossly understated) chocolate vice. She lives in Texas now with her hunky husband and three young daughters, but she was born in Georgia and went to high school under the beautiful Big Sky of Montana. Due to Sam’s nearly alarming obsessive personality and lack of gumption to act her age, she spends too much time reading YA and NA books, watching the CW, using emoticons and hashtags, shopping at Nordstrom BP, and writing anything and everything, anywhere and everywhere. She loves to eat, Jillian Michaels (in that order), Nutella, going to the movies, the written word, Jesus, Auburn football, Ron Pope, Big Sky Country, and every kind of person.

What made you start writing? And who are your inspirations?

I have always written. Stories as a kid, kept journals, wrote poetry (some pretty melodramatic creations during my teen years, too! LOL), and I tried writing a few children’s stories when I was teaching before I decided to fulfill my dream of writing a novel. I have been a huge indie fan since the time when those authors really started to make their mark on the publishing industry. I have been so inspired by the careers of authors I read from the beginning and watched their careers take flight. Shelly Crane, Fisher Amelie, Rachel Higginson, Amy Bartol, Abbi Glines, Michelle Leighton, Jessica Park, Jamie McGuire, Addison Moore, and SO many more that I have watched follow their dreams.

Where do you get your inspiration from? Do you use your own experiences?

I was inspired to write Ryan’s story because I could relate to some of her identity issues as she also moved from the South, to the mountains of Montana, and then returned to the South for college and sorority. Other than Ryan’s issues with connecting to home because of her moves, Ryan is completely fictional and deals with a lot more yuck than I had to. Her father issues play a major role in her life, while I have an awesome dad!

Can you describe your writing process? Do you have any sort of ritual you follow?

I have to be alone with my characters to write. And music is a MUST!! I love the melodramatic tunes when I’m writing. Ron Pope is my ABSOLUTE favorite artist! The dark of night with sweet iced tea and Ron Pope on repeat is the perfect writing environment for me.

What do you love most about being an author?

The writing! Telling the stories that are in my head is my favorite part. Since publishing RR in June, I have to say that chatting with readers and authors is so amazing! I have met the most amazing people in the book world. I just returned from Penned Con 2015, and I wrote a blog post on my blog about how it changed my life!! There is something indescribable about sharing time and space with people who share your passions. I feel like I was really found there, and the fact that I got to share all of that with my husband who went with me just made it unforgettable.

What is your favorite book(s)?

A few of my many favorites are: Emma by Jane Austen, Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh, Callum & Harper by Fisher Amelie, The Star-Crossed series by Rachel Higginson, Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

What are your future plans in writing?

I am currently working on my next project, titled right now The Sifting. It will be completely different than Ryan Revisited. Different genre and everything! Stay tuned! :)

About the Author:

 

Sam Davis loves to write tucked away in her cave with a large sweet iced tea and the occasional (grossly understated) chocolate vice. She lives in Texas now with her hunky husband and three young daughters, but she was born in Georgia and went to high school under the beautiful Big Sky of Montana. Due to Sam’s nearly alarming obsessive personality and lack of gumption to act her age, she spends too much time reading YA and NA books, watching the CW, using emoticons and hashtags, shopping at Nordstrom BP, and writing. She loves to eat, Jillian Michaels (in that order), Nutella, the written word, Jesus, Auburn football, Ron Pope, Big Sky Country, and every kind of person.

For more information about Sam Davis and her book please visit her website, Goodreads, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.

Giveaway:

 

Thank you for visiting Maureen's Books! 


Maureen's Books

2 comments:

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com