Friday, September 18, 2015

Review 'Come to Me Quietly' by A.L. Jackson


From the acclaimed bestselling author of ‘Lost to You’ comes a story of one woman’s obsession – a man who’s as passionate as he is elusive – and as tempting as he is trouble…

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21095384-come-to-me-quietlyAleena Moore is content with her life. She has goals and dreams and an easy smile. She also has a secret she holds locked inside.

Jared Holt believes he doesn’t deserve to love or be loved. He destroys everything he touches. Haunted by the mistake that shattered his life, he’s fled from the memory of that pain.

Jared doesn’t know why he’s compelled to return, but finds himself drawn back to the place where it all began. The exact place where it ended. When he runs into his childhood best friend, Aleena’s older brother Christopher, he agrees to share Christopher and Aleena’s apartment while he looks for a place of his own.

Aleena is no longer the little girl Jared remembers from his past and evokes feelings in him he never wanted to feel again. Terrified of destroying her, he fights to keep her away. But her touch is something he can’t resist—the touch that sealed his fate.

Their pasts are intertwined and their futures uncertain. The only truths they know are the secrets they whisper in the night.

 

My Review:


I’ve been wanting to read A.L. Jackson’s books for a while now. Somehow I never read one before.. But I always knew I would love her books. Just because I really love her book covers, and love her book descriptions. So since this week hasn’t been all that easy, I decided to give myself a little treat and finally start reading ‘Come to me Quietly’.

In ‘Come to me Quietly’ we meet Aleena Moore, a.k.a. Aly. Aly has secretly admired her brothers best friend Jared for years. Now Jared has disappeared for years, but Aly never forgot about him. When she is starting to realize it’s time for her to move on and forget about Jared, she walks into her home, finding him asleep on her couch. Jared is not the boy she knew before, he is covered in tattoos and lost his way in life, but Aly refuses to give up on him.
Soon Aly and Jared find out the connection they have shared all their lives, isn’t broken and will grow deeper than they both knew possible.

Like I said before, I always knew I would love A.L. Jackson’s books. Apparently I know myself really well, because when I started in ‘Come to me Quietly’, I couldn’t stop reading. This book was just so beautifully written and I completely fell in love with the two main characters. A.L. Jackson wrote this heartbreaking and beautiful story that makes you feel all kind of emotions. This is definitely a book I will be remembering for a long long time.

The two main characters Aly and Jared are just so addicting to read about. Ever since they were young, Jared always looked out for Aly, and Aly has always secretly loved Jared. They have this amazing connection which makes you really envy them from the moment you start reading about them. I know I did.
It was so sweet to read about their past as children. It was heartbreaking to read how one moment in their teens changed their lives forever. And it was exhilarating to read how Aly and Jared as grown-ups reconnected.
I loved how Aly and Jared interacted with each other, I just couldn’t stop reading this book. I honestly stayed in bed way to long because I just had to finish this book. And when I did, I felt sad because I wasn’t ready to let this story go. Fortunately there’s book two, to look forward to.

I love these kind of stories that make you feel so many different emotions while reading them. And ‘Come to me Quietly’ is one of those books. I loved it and can’t wait to read more about Aly and Jared. This book definitely gets my recommendation. 

My Rating:

 


About the Author:


A.L. Jackson is the New York Times bestselling author of ‘Take This Regret’ and ‘Lost to You’, as well as other contemporary romance titles, including ‘Pulled’, ‘When We Collide’, ‘If Forever Comes’, ‘Come to Me Quietly’, and ‘Come to Me Softly’.

She first found a love for writing during her days as a young mother and college student. She filled the journals she carried with short stories and poems used as an emotional outlet for the difficulties and joys she found in day-to-day life.

Years later, she shared a short story she’d been working on with her two closest friends and, with their encouragement, this story became her first full length novel. A.L. now spends her days writing in Southern Arizona where she lives with her husband and three children.

For more information about A.L. Jackson please visit her website, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, Pinterest and Instagram

Thank you for visiting Maureen's Books! 


Maureen's Books

4 comments:

  1. I loved this book Maureen. It gave me all the feels without overdoing the drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great book. I was really impressed by the way the author was able to write a book that really made you feel all the emotions.
      Thanks for stopping by. ;)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a sweet book Maureen. I love that the characters knew each other when they were younger as that makes the connection seem even stronger to me. And I love how emotional the book made you feel. I think I need to add this author to my tbr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should. I just finished another book by this author and she has an amazing writing style. And her characters are definitely memorable. Definitely one of my new favorite authors.
      Thanks for stopping by. ;)

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com