Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Review 'Fall Line' by Tudor Robins


Everything’s forward.

Those are fifteen-year-old Chris Myers’ words for the year.

The next gate, the next race, his spot on the district ski team; they’re all his for the taking.

Except training is such hard work. And then there’s Jenna – the very opposite of hard work – gorgeous, curvy, and into partying. Into Chris.

Instead of moving forward, Chris is sliding back. Slower times, worse results, and his best friend, Tilly, drifting away.

“The thing you want is right in front of you,” Tilly said. Now Chris just has to figure out what that thing is – and how to get it – before it’s too late.

Fast-paced, fun, and intense, Fall Line is a refreshing read from start gate to finish line.

This book is available through Amazon.

My Review:


Almost a year and a half ago I read my first book by Tudor Robins called ‘Appaloosa Summer’. I loved her writing, so I read all the books she wrote I could get my hands on. So when I received ‘Fall Line’ I was super excited to start reading. The first book in a new series is always so exciting.

In ‘Fall Line’ we meet best friends Chris and Tilly. Both are fifteen years old and crazy about ski racing. They have been best friends forever and always train together. But this year everything feels different for Chris. Everything seems to be changing: school, skiing and even the way he sees Tilly. Now all Chris wants is for things to stay the same.
Instead of expressing how he feels, Chris seems to lose control of who he really is and soon he seems to be losing everything he worked so hard for. Not everything can be easily forgotten and Chris really has to work hard to make up with the things he’s done.

This book is definitely different from the other books I read recently. I honestly think this book is perfect for younger readers, like readers in their teens. Don’t get me wrong.. I really liked this book and read it in just one sitting. But the story would have grabbed me even more if I myself was in my teens.
From the moment I started reading this book I just didn’t want to stop. Tudor Robins was ones again able to completely pull me in with her writing. Although I didn’t get the things Chris did, I really was rooting for him to get himself back together and to find his way. And I did get why he sort of lost himself for a moment.

‘Fall Line’ really is a story of growing up and finding your way in life. In combination with the close friendship of Chris and Tilly it was really a fun and touching story.
Since this book isn’t very long, it’s the perfect book to read when you don’t have a lot of time.
The two main characters were really fun to read about. And it definitely made me think of how everything in your teens feels like the end of the world.

‘Fall Line’ is the a fun and touching teen story and I really recommend it.

My Rating:


About the Author:


Tudor is the author of Objects in Mirror and Appaloosa Summer – young adult novels set in Eastern Ontario that tell coming-of-age stories of young women set against a backdrop of the world of horse shows.

Her degrees in English Literature and Journalism have shaped Tudor’s writing philosophy and style, and her work as a freelance magazine and newspaper writer established her commitment to accuracy and deadlines.

Sharing her experience and love of writing with others is something Tudor enjoys, and she has been fortunate to have the opportunity to do so through the continuing education workshops she offers for the Ottawa Catholic School Board and other writing organizations. She has also developed and delivered a creative writing workshop for junior and intermediate students.

Tudor lives in Ottawa with her husband and two sons. They spend much of their summers on Wolfe Island, Ontario. (Source: http://tudorrobins.ca/media/)

For more information about ‘Wednesdays Riders’ and Tudor Robins please visit her website, Goodreads and Amazon. Or look for Tudor Robins on Pinterest and Facebook.

I received this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. 

2 comments:

  1. I love books with a sports theme as they usually have a good energy about them. And I love coming of age books so this sounds like a great combo to me. Adding it to the TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great combo. Tudor Robins is very good in writing books with a lot of emotion and a deeper message.

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com