Friday, October 9, 2015

Review 'Pretty Lawless' by Jodi Linton


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24734768-pretty-lawless?from_search=true&search_version=serviceShe's about to go vigilante on his ass...

Laney Briggs was almost certain that her sexy-assed Texas Ranger, Gunner Wilson, was gonna pop the question. Instead, he went and pulled one helluva fast one—he arrested her best friend, Luke Wagner, and skipped out. Now Pistol Rock's firecracker deputy is ready to go Wild West on Gunner…if she can just keep that raw, sexual chemistry under control.

Gunner was planning to propose, and it all went to hell. Now he's boots-deep into an investigation with ties to the Dirty Southern Mafia and corrupt cops. Yep, Laney is definitely gonna have his hide. Especially when she finds out just how much he's been keeping from her…

But Laney has a weakness for Gunner's delectable cowboy hotness. And for him, she will break every rule in the book—including the ones she's sworn to uphold. 

This is the third book in the Deputy Laney Briggs series and is available through Amazon, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, Google Play and iTunes

My Review:


When I finished reading ‘Pretty Reckless’, the first book in the Deputy Laney Briggs series more than a year ago, I was immediately addicted to this story and the handsome cowboys. All these months later I can’t believe ‘Pretty Lawless’ will be the last book in this series. That’s why I was really excited, but also a little reluctant to read this book.

In ‘Pretty Lawless’ we meet Laney Briggs right were the ‘Pretty Shameless’ ended. Laney discovered her boyfriend Gunner had been lying about a lot of things lately. Now Laney is hurt and desperate to find out the truth about the case Gunner is lying so much for. Especially when this case also seems to involve her friend Luke Wagner.

This book is a little different than the previous ones in the series because this one is written in both Laney’s and Gunner’s point of view. Although this was really fun read, I did have some trouble at times following which POV I was reading. I really had to get back to the beginning of the chapter a couple of times. But maybe that’s just me.

In this final book a lot of things about Laney and Gunner are finally explained. Secrets are revealed, relationships are explained and new friendships are made. Everything really came back together and that really felt like a perfect way to end a series to me.
The chemistry and passion between Laney and Gunner is still sexy and fun to read about. It’s not very romantic but their sparkling attraction for each other really made up for that.

What I didn’t like about this book was the way Laney seemed to be attracted to every ‘Cowboy’ she talked to. This really frustrated me because she claims to be so in love with Gunner. Well, honestly I think that if that would be through she wouldn’t be so easily attracted to someone else. This just didn’t work me.
Also the scene at the swingers party at the end didn’t do it for me. In my opinion this just didn’t fitted the story.

Overall I did enjoy reading about how the story of Laney and Gunner ended. I loved getting to know them the last year and to read about their journey. This series definitely makes me keep an eye out on other books by Jodi Linton. 

My Rating:


About the Author:


Growing up in a small Texas town didn't have many perks, but it allowed for some colorful writing material. After settling down with her family in central Texas, Jodi found her passion: writing kick-ass, southern contemporary romance stories. Today she can be found cozied up to the computer escaping into a quirky world of tall tales, sexy, tight jean wearing cowboys, and a protagonist with a sharp-tongue quick enough to hang any man out to dry.

My characters swear, have lots of dirty sex, and live it up...there's no mint juleps in my stories. 

For more information about ‘Pretty Shameless’ and the ‘Deputy Laney Briggs Series’ go to Amazon, Goodreads or visit Jodi Lintons own website. You can also find Jodi Linton on Twitter and Facebook

I received this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun series but it also sounds like this book is the weakest link in the series. I like the setting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a fun series but this one was definitely the one I liked the least. Too bad really, because it was the last one.. But fortunately I still liked it enough to feel like it has been a good ending to a fun series.
      The setting was definitely fun.. and who doesn't like a handsome cowboy?! :D

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com