Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sunday's Author Spotlight: Izzibella Beau



Today I’m excited to have author Izzibella Beau on the Sunday’s Author Spotlight. Izzibella Beau writes romance novels and already has several books published.

Learn more about Izzibella and her books here today!

About 'Broken' (Assumption #1):


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22059486-brokenA girl’s senior year in high school should be a special time. Ayma’s expectations are not very high. She is the daughter of a control-freak mother and a father who has been absent for the past three years. She is ridiculed by the popular kids in school because of her unfortunate name and the way she dresses. Although she’s nearly eighteen, her mother controls every aspect of her life, including what she wears, who her friends are and even what foods she is allowed to eat. The only bright spot in her life is her friend Tabby. Until she meets Colton.

Colton is unexpected. He’s gorgeous, popular – the guy all the girls want and the one all of the other guys want to be like. When he begins to pay attention to Ayma, she doesn’t know what to think. Things like this just don’t happen to girls like her. One obstacle after another is thrown into their path, but they can’t deny what they feel for one another. Their new-found love will be threatened by secrets from their past, challenges in their present and a future they can only dream about. Ayma struggles to find an identity apart from her mother’s controlling nature while Colton faces the results of an arrest that took place the summer before his tenth grade year.

Can they find love and happiness? Or will they be destroyed by events beyond their control?

This book is available at Amazon.  

About 'Barely Breathing' (Assumption #2):


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22401741-barely-breathingThe fear of drowning in one’s own life, never seeing the light to bring you back out, the suffocation one feels when life’s problems become too much is something each of us feels at least once in our lives. Is it possible to jump and overcome every hurdle placed in your way? What happens when life’s problems make you feel as if you’re caught in a riptide and there’s no escape but to go under and give into the pull which is dragging you down? Welcome back to Bayshore High School. We join Ayma, Colton, Tabby, Reagan and the rest of the crew where Broken: Book One of the Assumption Series left off. When it seems Ayma’s world can’t get any more complicated, more life changing events are thrown her way. She will face turmoil in love and friendship, never knowing whether she will survive the storm or become a victim of its path of destruction. Ayma and Colton have never had it easy in their relationship. Now the threat of a new love interest, the emergence of an old flame, and a possible addition means more controversy in their love affair. What are the secrets that some of Bayshore students are keeping? What will happen to friendships and love relationships when these secrets are revealed? Finally, light is shed on the secrets of several characters we have grown to love from Broken. Each has their story to tell, and a past which can affect all of their futures. There is more drama and heated romance than a soap opera and as the storyline begins to unfold, you will be drawn in as you begin to either love or hate the students of Bayshore High.

This book is available at Amazon.  

About 'Blinded by Betrayel' (Assumption #3):


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23002332-blinded-by-betrayalAyma and Colton have been through many challenges in their one year together. They’ve faced more obstacles since becoming a couple than most people will see in their entire lifetime. Can they overcome the ex-girlfriend factor, the introduction of Colton’s child from another woman, a new love interest, and the possibility of something being wrong with their own unborn baby? Their lives will never be the same after more lies are told and secrets are revealed. The one thing Ayma could never see coming is the heartbreak of being betrayed by the one who is supposed to love her the most. Will she be able to forgive the past in order to preserve their future? Can their love survive the biggest challenge of their young lives? Hearts will be broken, lives will be destroyed, but in the end they will discover that new beginnings come from another new beginning’s end.

This book is available at Amazon.  

For more information about the other books in this series please visit Amazon.


http://www.amazon.com/Izzibella-Beau/e/B00FZ3I4UA/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

About 'Just Once More' (The Breathless series #1):


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25874727-just-once-moreEveryone falls in love at least once in their lives, sometimes many times over. Young love, aging love, forever love, forbidden love.. and then there is the One Love. It consumes your life and makes every minute of every day worth living...the one love that leaves you breathless.

Emery Warden was an average eighteen-year-old girl--as average as one can be for having a terminal illness. She wanted to keep life simple and get through what time was left unscathed. No hurt, no pain, no heartache, so being a loner was her remedy for life. Emery just wanted to get through school and reach all the goals she had set for herself.
None of that included meeting and falling in love with Austin. 

Austin Murray never got into trouble. As part of the elite at school--the football team--he never had to own up to any trouble. That all changed when trouble caught up with him. The last thing he expected when he began his mandatory volunteer work at the hospital was a girl who had no interest in him at all. He couldn't say the same: the more he got to know Emery, the more he fell in love with her. She was different from every other girl he’d ever been involved with, and had no idea how that would change when he uncovered her secret...

Young love is a sweet love that will always be remembered, one that makes us who we are, and one that will leave us feeling alive...and breathless.

This book is available at Amazon

When Separate Worlds Collide: Book One and Two 


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27829244-when-separate-worlds-collideIn the first book, ‘Revelations’, you will meet a group that aren’t just your everyday ordinary townsfolk. In West lakes, there are packs, covens, vampire families, and groups of seers that are always at odds with one another. What happens when two totally different people from two separate worlds collide? This is the story of Zach and Emily, their family, their friends, and what happens when the truth finally becomes known and love might not be able to save them. Welcome to West Lakes, a place where your friends and family may not be who they seem. This is a world where it’s not the dark you should be afraid of, but what could be waiting for you inside that darkness – that’s what should terrify you the most.

In the second book, ‘Seasons of Change’, you’ve learned all about Zach, Emily, and all their friends and family. But the real fun and complications that encompass their lives has just begun.
Changes are coming to West Lakes. Zach and Emily, Jacob and Madison, and Danny and Alex are destined mates. But, what is the reason for having such high ranked and powerful supernaturals coming together all at the same time?

Zach has found out who and what Emily is—will he still love her and want to be the mate of the one he was trained to hunt and kill? Emily and Zach have their love, but it may not be enough to amend for the past and prepare them for their future.
Jacob and Madison are followed by a darkness that will do anything and everything to keep them apart. As close as they are, these two are driven farther apart by circumstances they have no control over. Is this the end before it even began?

Alex and Danny are the stable minded couple of the group, but that is all about to change. Alex’s powers of being a seer are becoming more potent. Will Danny be able to save Alex from her own abilities or will the pressure placed on her to save everyone else become too much?

Season of Change will alter the world of the paranormals as they know it. Will the black magic enchantresses and Orfeo’s family of vampires be able to overcome those of white magic, shape shifters, and seers? So much has already happened, and yet so much more is yet to come that will make us believe that being of the mundane world is a much safer place.

This book is available at Amazon.  

Interview with Izzibella Beau:


Tell us a little more about who Izzibella Beau is?

My name is Izzibella Beau and I reside on a small farm in a rural area of southern Georgia. I currently have three book series out, Assumption Series, When Separate Worlds Collide Series, and the Breathless Series. They are all available on Amazon and awaiting that one click from that special reader. I am married and right now I have 32 children. That includes three biological and twenty-nine canines. I have a graduate degree from Saint Leo University in the area of Criminal Justice. Someday I would like to use that bit of higher education to make a positive impact on the areas of cruelty to animals, children, and the elderly.

When did you decide you wanted to become an author and write your own book?

I haven’t always been an author; in fact, I didn’t start writing until about six years ago. I began writing the first book of Separate Worlds as I waited to pick up my children from primary school. At first it was just a hobby, something to get the ideas and voices inside of my head out onto paper. I didn’t make an attempt to publish until 2013 when I submitted my rough draft of ‘Broken’: Assumption Series Book One to Beau Coup Publishing and was signed on. After that, I couldn’t stop writing. The ideas and storylines kept coming so fast that I still have hard time keeping up with all that characters that want to be heard.

Where do you get your inspiration from? Do you use your own experiences?

Well, my first bit of inspiration would have to come from my children and husband. I’m an observer type of person. I watch what they do, how they talk, what their friends are like, and then I incorporate that into my characters in one way or another. I have to watch that way that my children behave and the words that they use so that my older teen and new adult aged characters can sound realistic in today’s youth society. Another huge inspiration is music. The reader will always find reference to songs in many of my writings. I huge thank you would have to go out to Taylor Swift and One Direction. If it wasn’t for their musical, inspirational talent, many of my characters and the drama that unfolds in their lives wouldn’t had been created. Also, fellow authors are a source of inspiration. In most encounters, my fellow writing pals are always there to help and not hinder my work. They give ideas that are needed in every aspect of the author world.

Tell us more about your books? How did you come to the idea of writing those stories?

Let me tell you about my current books that I have available. I have five books currently out in the Assumption Series. The first three, Broken, Barely Breathing, and Blinded By Betrayal, center on Ayma Kuntz and Colton Greyson as they go through so many trials and tribulations in their young lives that it’s any wonder they have kept their sanity. The fourth is Only Time Can Heal, which involves the characters Bentley and Lilith and the fifth is Love Hurts, which has Brady and Monique at center of attention. The characters from the first three books, Ayma and Colton, will be mentioned and spotlighted in the remainder of the books and are not totally forgotten. This particular series will have about nine books total when completed.

The second series, When Separate Worlds Collide, will be a trilogy when I am completely finished writing. I have two of the books now on Amazon in a bundled set and working on having the final book out in January 2016. This is a New Adult, Paranormal, Romance. So, if you like shifters, vampires, seers, and enchantresses invading your reading, then these are the books for you. They promise laughter, anger, and heated moments…sometimes all in the same scene. Come visit West Lakes, where your neighbor and friends aren’t always who they seem to be.

The Breathless Series will have different characters in each book. I have centered this series around the fact that we all have loves in our lives that make us laugh, scream, love, and feel like you are going totally insane at times. These are the people that occupy our body, mind, and soul. These are they loves that may last forever in our lives or maybe only for a brief time, but one thing is they will always leave you…breathless. The first book is Just Once More. The characters, Emery and Austin, can ‘promise each other forever, even if it is for only one day.’ The second book of the series, Somewhere In-between, will be available December 2015. This is a love between Max and Mara, two people that met while they were both in comas. Can their love survive when one wakes up and the other doesn’t?


I will also be part of an anthology, Rock My World, that is set to release December 7, 2015. This is a ten author book with ten totally rocking love stories. Mine is titled, The Reason Why, and it is part of the Breathless Series. If you love you romance, love, passion, and whole hell of a lot of heat then this book is definitely for you.

What do you love most about being an author?

I think the best thing is when a reader tells me that they loved my books and characters. I love writing situations that people can relate to, some good and some not so good. I like realism in the situation and try to make my characters seem as true to life as possible. The reader never knows how important they are to the author. If it wasn’t for their encouragement and reviews that they put out, in most cases authors would stop writing.

Can you describe your writing process? Do you have any sort of ritual you follow?

My writing starts early in the morning and continues until late in the evening. I try to get at least two thousand words in per day on whatever book I’m working on. I also have to market, attend events, and research different marketing strategies during that time also. I never plan out what is going to happen in my books. I have a general idea, but I let the characters’ dictate what will happen as I write it all out. There have been some moments in my own stories that I’m like ‘I never saw that happening.’ And truth be known, I have a hard time sitting still as I write. I have to moving around, I’m not one to sit idle at a desk and write. I’m usually standing or jogging in place at my kitchen counter watching the pups run about.

Are you a reader yourself? And what is your favorite book(s)?

If I’m not writing, marketing, researching, helping my kids, or doing something for the dogs, then I’m usually reading another author’s work of art. I don’t have any particular genre that I’m glued to. If a storyline or abstract catches my attention, then I will give it a try. I try to read at least one new book a week and hope to maybe increase that as time permits.

What are your future plans in writing?

Hopefully in the near future I will be able to complete the Assumptions series. These characters have become such a huge part of my life, it’s like they are real sometimes. A lot of ‘me’, along with friends and family have come out in each character and story. I tend to place situations that I’ve been in, people that I’ve met, and places that I’ve been into everything that I write. I think as long as my old laptop can keep working then so will I. There are so many stories to be told and so little time to do it some days, BUT I will make every attempt to write as long as there is demand from my readers. 

A Special Message from Izzibella Beau:


On a final note, I would like to make mention that I am a huge animal welfare advocate. I guess I would have to be with 29 furbabies of my own. I try to give generously to many of the local and national animal shelters, rescues, and any other case that catches my attention. I large percentage of my book royalties goes to these wonderful causes as I believe that no creature deserves to be harmed by man or put to sleep because of being homeless. One great group, one that makes me proud to part of, is that of GabeNation. The group is on Facebook, under Gabe to the Rescue https://www.facebook.com/HeroDogGabe, and is run by a man in uniform from the U.S.A.’s military. This group spotlights furbabies that have their time running out on them or have been severely injured and are need to medical care. All proceeds, whether it be direct donation or purchasing of books, bracelets, and beautiful stuffed plushies, well this money goes directly to helping the furbabies. I just like make mention that sometimes writing books and being an author isn’t all about making it big and trying to get as much money as we can…most times it’s about giving back to the community and helping as many people and of course the furry ones as well, as much as we can. I like to make an impact, not only in the reading and writing world, but also in the lives of others.
 
I would love to hear from all of you. I can be reached on Facebook, Amazon, Twitter, and by email. You can send me a quick ‘hello’, let me know what you think of any of my books, and I promise that I will get back to you. 

Thank you to Maureen for all her time in helping all of us authors and thank you readers for all your time you give us authors into reading what we’ve created. I hope to hear from y’all soon.

2 comments:

  1. I love learning about authors and how they began. I haven't tried her books yet but added one to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also really love getting to know new authors. That's why making these Sunday's Author Spotlight is so much fun! :)
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com