Monday, April 25, 2016

Blog Tour 'Doing It Over' by Catherine Bybee


Today I’m excited to participate in the Blog Tour of ‘Doing It Over’ by Catherine Bybee. This is a Contemporary Romance novel that was published on April 19th. Find out more about this book and read a Guest Post written by Catherine Bybee here today.


About the Book:


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27852573-doing-it-over?from_search=true&search_version=service
One small town. Three close friends. True love to last a lifetime.

Voted Most Likely to Succeed, Melanie Bartlett ended up anything but. The down-on-her-luck single mom wants a complete do-over—is that too much to ask? With her family long gone from River Bend, strong, independent Mel is as surprised as anyone to end up in the quaint small town she once called home. But with her friends, Jo and Zoe, by her side, and a comfortable room at Miss Gina’s quirky bed-and-breakfast, she just might have turned the corner on a new life.

Wyatt Gibson never liked the big city. River Bend suits the ruggedly handsome builder just fine. Wyatt knows he’s home, even if that means being charmed by the appearance of Melanie and her spunky, adorable daughter. Is Wyatt’s calm devotion—even amid a coming storm—enough to convince Mel she may have found a home to call her own, a family that never leaves, and a true love to last a lifetime?

The Facts:


Publication Date:
April 19th 2016
Series:
Most Likely To Series #1
Genre:
Contemporary Romance
Pages:
332
Formats:
eBook, Paperback
Available at:
  

Powerful High School Memory by Catherine Bybee


Since ‘Doing it Over’ starts out with three best friends in high school… I thought it would be fun to talk about my greatest memory.  What many will find interesting is how it came about.

I was on my own my last six month in high school.
I didn’t live with my mom…my father lived in a different state. I lived with friends.
I didn’t have the paper work stating I was emancipated, but if someone needed permission by my parents for why I wasn’t at school, it wasn’t going to happen.

I remember a day I had overslept. I worked waiting tables, often until midnight, and didn’t get to bed until close to two in the morning. Waking on time can be a challenge for any high school age student, for me it was made more difficult by the sheer amount of hours spent running in my day.

I remember walking through the empty halls of my high school and into the front office. I was later than normal, and needed a pass to get to class.

I signed in on the tardy sheet and told the attendance office lady (not sure of her name, or even her title) that I needed a pass. She glanced at the paper I had just signed and asked, “Why are you late?”

“I slept in.”

She sighed… “That isn’t an acceptable excuse.”

I looked at her, bags under my eyes, teenage attitude in my voice. “Lady, I slept in. I worked until midnight, sidework kept me there until almost one. I overslept! I could lie and tell you I had a doctor’s appointment, but it would be a lie!”

“I’m sorry…that isn’t acceptable. I’ll need a note from your parents.”

I was tired… I was late. And there was a test that day I didn’t want to come in and retake during the time I could work and make money.

I slammed my hand on the counter, caught the attention of everyone in the office and shouted. “If you can find my mother to get a note, more power to you. I haven’t seen her in two months. She won’t be able to vouch for me since I don’t live with her…and before you ask. My dad, who I’ve seen a whole three times in my entire life lives in California. I’m trying really hard not to drop out of school. Now… I need to get to class so sign the stupid slip so I can eventually graduate!”

You know that ‘collective sigh’ writers talk about in a room? 
Yeah…that happened.

She signed the slip. And from that day forward, if I came in late, she smiled, asked me how I was doing…and signed the slip.

That, dear readers, was a powerful day in my early life. 

Happy Reading
Catherine

Praise for 'Doing It Over':


“The romance between fiercely independent Melanie and charming Wyatt heats up even as outsiders threaten to derail their newfound happiness. This novel will hook readers with its warm, inviting characters and the promise for similar future installments.”
–Publishers Weekly

“This brand-new trilogy, Most Likely To, based on yearbook superlatives, kicks off with a novel that will encourage you to root for the incredibly likable Melanie. Her friends are hilarious and readers will swoon over Wyatt, who is charming and strong. Even Melanie’s daughter, Hope, is a hoot! This romance is jam-packed with animated characters, and Bybee displays her creative writing talent wonderfully.”
–RT Book Reviews, 4 Stars

About the Author:


New York Times & USA Today bestselling author Catherine Bybee was raised in Washington State, but after graduating high school, she moved to Southern California in hopes of becoming a movie star. After growing bored with waiting tables, she returned to school and became a registered nurse, spending most of her career in urban emergency rooms. She now writes full-time and has penned the Weekday Brides Series and the Not Quite Series. Bybee lives with her two teenage sons in Southern California.  

For more information about Catherine Bybee please visit her website or blog. You can also visit her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Or you can send her an email.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Don't believe you've kicked the habit ;)

      ~Joan M.

      Delete
    2. Sure sounds like it! ;) LOL!! Thanks for stopping by ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow, good for you for keeping with it and doing what you needed to do, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really brave isn't it?!
      Thanks for visiting. ;)

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com