Sunday, May 22, 2016

The Sunday Post #19


http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/the-sunday-post-meme

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

This week was as busy as I thought it would be. I worked three days, and on my free days I was busy shopping for my trip to Milan, and Switzerland and doing some reading for my trip. I think I’m definitely almost ready to go now. Brrrr.. I’m a little scared!!

On Thursday my boyfriend and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary. 9 years already. That means we have been living together for 7 years now. It never feels like we’ve been together for that long. How amazing is that?! I can still remember our first date like it was only yesterday. Men I was nervous. I was so nervous I almost didn’t go. LOL!! But my mom drove me to the train station herself, on her bike, just to make sure I did go and have a good time. And since that day we’ve been together. Milan will be the longest time we spend apart since we moved in together. Yep.. we’re that kind of couple!! :D

Reading and blogging wise I’ve been pretty busy too. I’m scheduling posts for the upcoming weeks. And I’m making a list of books I’m taking with me. I think I will go with only eBooks for my work trip, since I can’t bring a lot of luggage. And on our vacation trip I’m thinking of more paperbacks. I’m definitely taking some books with me I’ve been wanting to read forever.  

So.. This will be my last Sunday Post for at least two weeks. Monday morning I’m leaving for Milan, and when I’m back at home I’ve only got one day left before it’s Saturday and where leaving for Switzerland. So not a lot of time for blogging and Sunday Posting. So I’m taking a little brake. There will be some posts of course, but they are already planned and ready to go. No live blogging for me.
When I’m back home I will be back in action, and will tell you all about my trips. See you guys on June 12th!! ;)

Last Week On The Blog:


This Week On The Blog:

  • Five Things I Really Don't Like in a Book
  • Wednesday's Favorites: Playing With Fire by Allison Bliss
  • Review 'Shanahan's Revenge' by Julie Mac
  • Review 'How The Duke Was Won' by Lenora Bell 

New Arrivals:


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29962804-black-mountain?ac=1&from_search=true
Received from Escape Publishing
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29962802-hot-chocolate?from_search=true&search_version=service
Received from Escape Publishing

Bookish Quotes:


27 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! And enjoy your trip- Milan and Switzerland sound great. I always love reading on vacation... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greg!! I will tell you guys all about my trips when I get back! ;)
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited you're coming to Switzerland, Maureen! If you are going to Geneva, please let me know, I'd love to meet up, even just for a few minutes :)
    I hope Milan will be a good trip, and that you'll still have enough time to get ready for your holiday.
    Have a wonderful week and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're going to Brienz, but I definitely have Geneva on my list if we have time. When we're near I'll send you a message. I'll probably know at least a day before. ;)
      Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading!

      Delete
    2. Sounds great! I hope you'll have a great time :)

      Delete
  3. Happy anniversary! And congrats on 9yrs. (And thank god he turned up!)

    Have a wonderful time in Milan and Switzerland and I'll look forward to seeing some pics when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah. I'll show you guys some cool pics when I get back.
      Have a great week and Happy Reading! ;)

      Delete
  4. Happy anniversary, and have a wonderful trip! Enjoy whatever you do and whatever you read. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurel. Have a great week yourself! ;)

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary and Have a wonderful trip! My husband and I have been together for 18 years and might be attached at the hip. I love being married to my best friend!

    Have a great week, Maureen! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. Being married to your best friend definitely sounds like a great thing.
      Happy Reading ;)

      Delete
  6. Have fun on your trips! Switzerland and Milan both sound like fun. I'm with you on the book plans when traveling. For work, I tend to just bring my ereader since I'm usually looking to pack light. For vacations, I usually pack a book or two even though it's rare if I actually get 1 read. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Reading on holiday definitely isn't as easy as it sounds. I always plan to read a lot, but in the end I just don't have a lot of reading time. But we will see. I have a view day at home before I have to get back to work so lots of reading time then.
      Have a great week and Happy Reading! ;)

      Delete
  7. Enjoy your trip! Milan is on my list of places to visit!
    Happy Reading! <a href="http://paulettespapers.com/?p=11019”>Dani @ Paulette’s Papers</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani. I'm super excited. Leaving in a view hours.
      Have a great week and Happy Reading!

      Delete
  8. 9 years <3 My husband and I are getting ready to celebrate 10 years in July. It's hard to imagine that so much time has passed. I've been with him over a 3rd of my life and couldn't imagine it any other way. Hope you have a great time on vacation!
    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lillian. Time sure goes fast, doesn't it.
      10 Years is just amazing. ;)
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  9. Congrats on your anniversary! That's wonderful! I hope you have a great time on your trip as well. Sounds like it'll be really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany. I sure hope it will be fun. My first ever abroad work trip.. so I'm excited.
      Happy reading! ;)

      Delete
  10. Wow, 9 years? Congrats!!! And have a blast on your trip, it sounds like it's going to be awesome! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen. Leaving in a view hours.. Little scary but I'm looking forward to it.
      Have a great week and Happy Reading! ;)

      Delete
  11. Your trip sounds fabulous. Have fun. And congrats on your anniversary! Lots to keep you busy and excited:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's definitely a lot going on. LOL!!
      Thanks Laura.
      Happy Reading ;)

      Delete
  12. Congrats on nine years! That's incredible!! Enjoy your new books! I hope you have a fantastic week and have fun on your trip! :D

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy. 9 years definitely is huge.
      Have a great week yourself, and happy reading! ;)

      Delete
  13. Congratulations to you and your boyfriend on your anniversary! Does it feel like it's been nine years? Sometimes with my husband it feels like just yesterday we met and other times like we've been together forever.

    I hope you have a wonderful time on both trips, Maureen! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D. It definitely doesn't feel like 9 years.

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com