Monday, June 20, 2016

Review 'Me Before You' by Jojo Moyes


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15507958-me-before-you
Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.


The Facts:


Publication Date:
December 21st, 2012
Series:
Me Before You #1
Genre:
Fiction, Romance
Pages:
369
Formats:
eBook, Paperback, Hardcover, Audio
Available at:
  

My Review:


Sometimes there is a book you know you’re going to love, but somehow just haven’t read yet. ‘Me Before You’ is such a book for me. I’ve heard and read many great things about this book. And ‘Me Before You’ has definitely been on my TBR for a long time.
So when I first saw that the movie was coming out, I knew I really had to get myself a copy and start reading. I mean, I can’t see the movie before I read the book. So luckily for me I won a giveaway, and got a copy of ‘Me Before You’. And it was definitely time to start reading.

Like I predicted ‘Me Before You’ was a book I couldn’t put down after I started reading it. I read till late and when I did have to go to sleep, I was anxious to wake up again so I could finish the book. I was hooked to every single word Jojo Moyes wrote. And also very predictable, I cried my eyes out.
‘Me Before You’ is such a beautiful and touching story. This book will definitely be one I’m going to remember for a long, long time.

I loved the two main characters Louisa and Will. I loved Louisa because she was just a little weird, funny and definitely stronger than she thought she was. I loved Will, because he was loving and most of all determined to get Louisa to live her life the best way possible. And most of all I loved Louisa and Will together. They were funny, rude and above all they seemed to get each other on a level most people didn’t get.

As a nurse, this book was even more beautiful and touching because I know how it feels to take care of someone who isn’t able to do it him or herself anymore. And I’ve seen what an accident, and being forced to live life in a wheelchair can do to someone.
The most touching part about this book for me was at the end, when Louisa accepted the choice Will made. This was truly a moment of true love if you ask me.

I was definitely a mess after reading this book. Jojo Moyes, did an incredible job writing this book. The story was catching, the writing was nice and good to follow, and the characters were memorable. I also loved reading this book through Louisa’s point of view at the beginning, and later on through some of the other characters point of view.
And although I know I’m going to see the movie, I’m also a little scared now. I supposed I have to bring a lot of Kleenex. 

My Rating:

The Movie Trailer:


About the Author:


Jojo Moyes is a British novelist.

Moyes studied at Royal Holloway, University of London. She won a bursary financed by The Independent newspaper to study journalism at City University and subsequently worked for The Independent for 10 years. In 2001 she became a full time novelist.

Moyes' novel Foreign Fruit won the Romantic Novelists' Association (RNA) Romantic Novel of the Year in 2004.

She is married to journalist Charles Arthur and has three children.

For more information about Jojo Moyes and her books please visit her website. Or visit her on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

6 comments:

  1. It is everything you said. I loved it and it's one of those stories that just stay with you. I read it years ago but can remember it all so clearly. And I cried my heart out. I don't know if I can face the film! I have the sequel too, I just haven't read it yet, I don't know if I want a story without Will :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely such a memorable book. I can't stop thinking about it.. even after having read it a view weeks ago.
      I also saw the movie today.. I will review it next week.. I will give one hint.. Kleenex!!!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Your review gave me goosebumps, Maureen! I loved Me Before You as well, but I strangely didn't cry my eyes out. I don't know why - it's exactly the kind of story that normally would have me go through a couple of boxes of tissues!
    I'm really looking forward to the movie, while at the same time I'm also very ambivalent about it. I hope it will live up to the novel, you know?
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lexxie. I definitely get what your saying. Books like this are so hard to make into movies.. All those expectations!!
      I saw the movie today.. I'll review it next week. ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you liked this one, Maureen. I'm still on the fence about it. It's just not one that calls to me--but I imagine someday I will probably read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should read it!! Trust me ;) LOL!!

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com