Friday, November 4, 2016

Audiobook Tour 'Heartborn' by Terry Maggert


Today I’m excited to participate in the Audiobook tour of ‘Heartborn’ written by Terry Maggert, and narrated by Julia Whelan. ‘Heartborn’ is a fantasy novel and was published in paperback on July 31st 2016. 


About the Book:


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29755190-heartbornHer guardian angel was pushed.

Keiron was never meant to be anything other than a hero. Born high above in a place of war and deception, he is Heartborn, a being of purity and goodness in a place where violence and deceit are just around every corner.

His disappearance will spark a war he cannot see, for Keiron has pierced the light of days to save a girl he has never met, for reasons he cannot understand. Livvy Foster is seventeen, brave, and broken. With half a heart, she bears the scars of a lifetime of pain and little hope of survival.

Until Keiron arrives.



The Facts:


Published:
October 3rd, 2016
Series:
-
Narrator:
Julia Whelan
Length:
6 hours, 20 minutes
Genre:
Fantasy
Available at:

My Review:


After I read the book description of ‘Heartborn’ I just knew I had to read this book. I love stories about angels and this book just sounded so good. So when I saw the sign up for the Audiobook tour I was even more excited. Now I would be able to listen to a story about angels while I was driving to and from work. I really couldn’t wait to start listening to this book.

‘Heartborn’ is definitely unlike any other book I read. The story is very original and I found myself fascinated with the characters and the storyline right from the beginning. Terry Maggert definitely wrote a beautiful story of love and sacrifice and I really enjoyed it.
I did have some trouble keeping all those character names apart in the beginning. This definitely frustrated me a little, but I honestly think this was more because I’m just so terrible bad in keeping apart names than that is was something about the writing.

The characters in ‘Heartborn’ were a lot of fun to get to know. I loved the main character Livvy the most. She was just so kind and good despite what life had given her: half a heart. I admired her strength and the way she still seemed to trust easily. I really enjoyed getting to know her.
The romance between Livvy and Keiron was not really what I expected. Although it was nice to read, I did expect a little more. But I must say this romance definitely fitted the story perfectly.

This was my first audiobook narrated by Julia Whelan and I really enjoyed listening to her voice. It took some getting used to when she talked as one of the ‘males’, but I must say I really liked her as a narrator. I definitely found myself being hooked to her voice and I could easily forget that she was only one person. Seriously.. Sometimes I wondered if maybe I was listening to more than one narrator. I’m definitely a fan of Julie Whelan now.

‘Heartborn’ is a beautiful story and I would definitely recommend it.

My Rating:

Audio Excerpt:





About the Author:


Born in 1968, I discovered fishing shortly after walking, a boon, considering I lived in South Florida. After a brief move to Kentucky, my family trekked back to the Sunshine State. I had the good fortune to attend high school in idyllic upstate New York, where I learned about a mythical substance known as “Seasons”. After two or three failed attempts at college, I bought a bar. That was fun because I love beer, but, then, I eventually met someone smarter than me (a common event), and, in this case, she married me and convinced me to go back to school–which I did, with enthusiasm. I earned a Master’s Degree in History and rediscovered my love for writing. My novels explore dark fantasy, immortality, and the nature of love as we know it. I live near Nashville, Tennessee, with the aforementioned wife, son, and herd, and, when I’m not writing, I teach history, grow wildly enthusiastic tomato plants, and restore my 1967 Mustang.

For more information about Terry Maggert please visit his website. Or visit him on Twitter, Facebook and Goodreads.

About the Narrator:


Julia Whelan has appeared in many films and television series, most notably ABC’s Once And Again. After receiving a degree in English and Creative Writing at Middlebury College and Oxford University, Julia began narrating audiobooks. She’s recorded hundreds of novels across all genres and has received multiple Earphones and Audie Awards. She is repeatedly named one of Audiofile Magazine’s Best Voices and was Audible’s Narrator of the Year.

For more information about Julia Whelan please visit her on IMDB, Twitter, Facebook and Goodreads.


Giveaway:



This event was organized by The Audiobookworm
http://theaudiobookworm.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com