Wednesday, January 18, 2017

My Favorite.. YA novel



My Favorite.. is a weekly meme hosted by Maureen’s Books. In this meme we share every week something we love with each other. Because let’s face it.. The world can be a dark place and it’s time to share something positive. For more info: My Favorite Meme.

My Favorite YA novel. Now that’s a hard one. I love reading YA novels. Now, not as much as I did when I was younger, but I still love reading them. Especially the YA Fantasy ones. I love being swept away to a different place where anything is possible. It’s the world that is created that I love the most about YA novels. Most times the world that is created, is different, magical and still believable to the point I can imagine that world being true. For example the world that is created in the Hunger Games. That world is awful and a lot needs to happen before we come to a world like that, but I can imagine it to be real. That world is cruel.. Well most time these days I think this world is cruel too. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/72193.Harry_Potter_and_the_Philosopher_s_Stone

But now to my favorite YA novel. I love a lot of them. Honestly I think most of my favorite books are YA novels. But my absolute favorite YA novel is Harry Potter. Always has and always will! I’ve talked about my love for Harry Potter many times out here. It’s because that series is very important to me, and really made me the avid reader I am today. I think I would have loved reading without the Harry Potter series to, but that series made me love the written word that much more. 

Since there are seven books in the Harry Potter I probably should give you the name of my most favorite one. I don’t have one really. I loved all the books. But if I had to choose I would say ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone’. That is the book with which it all began and I remember being completely fascinated with that book from the very beginning. And who can forget that sentence:

 He couldn’t know that at this very moment, people meeting in secret all over the country were holding up
their glasses and saying in hushed voices: ‘To Harry Potter -  the boy who lived!’

Next to the Harry Potter series I also loved the Twilight series. Totally different but still a series I read many times. Later on I also loved the Mortal Instrument series by Cassandra Clare. There really are some great YA novels out there. 

What is your favorite YA novel? Did that book also changed the way you read?

Link Up Your My Favorite.. Post:


Want to help me improve the My Favorite.. Post? Give me some feedback here.

10 comments:

  1. Harry Potter is my favorite, too! I can't get enough of it. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just the greatest book series ever!! I wish I could read it for the first time again and again! Sigh..
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I don't read much YA, but I did enjoy the first few Harry Potters. I don't really remember many of the YA books I read when I was a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's to bad Carol! I think if you found a book was really really good you would probably remember! ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I agree, there are so many good YA books out there. People who dismiss them or don't read them are missing out because in many cases there is such a variety. I mean the contemps, the fantasy stuff (my favorite too), there's just so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really are many YA books. And I'm surprised by how many people still think these books are only for young adults. They really don't know what they’re missing! :D
      Thanks for stopping by Greg.

      Delete
  4. HP really is such a great series. I mean, it's not perfect, but it's so gripping and has impacted so many people, made so many people into readers, etc. It was HP that got me back into reading when I kind of forgot for a while how much I loved it. So great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen. I always feel kinda proud if I read about the HP fans. We are with so many, and there are still people out there who are starting this series now and are getting to meet all the characters for the first time. Sigh..
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. The Potter series is an excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, isn't?! It's definitely my all-time favorite. :D
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com