Sunday, January 1, 2017

The Sunday Post #37



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ Its a chance to share news ~ A Post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

Life:

Welcome 2017!! I hope you all had a great day celebrating the new year. I sure love New Years Eve. My boyfriend and I always have this tradition of eating and drinking tasty things on New Years Eve. Just the two of us! We play games on the PlayStation, I read, we watch movies.. Its definitely a great way of spending time together thinking about the last year and the upcoming one. And 2017 is going to be very exciting for us with our upcoming wedding! Im so excited.

Tomorrow work starts again, but for now Im thinking about all those great new books I like to read and how Im going to plan everything this year. Work, blogging, weddingplanning.. I'm so ready!! Well.. I'm getting there!

Books & Blogging:

This week Ive been planning and organizing my blog and my posts. Starting this Wednesday is my new weekly meme called My Favorite.. and Im super excited to start. The idea is.. we share every week something we love with each other. Because lets face it.. The world can be a dark place and its time to share something positive. For every week theres a new subject. Im having a lot of fun with it so far and I hope people will join up so we can get to know each other a little better and share something positive.

Other than that Ive been reading a lot so I have a little buffer this year and cant get so behind on my reading schedule so fast. That was definitely one of my problems last year, and I hope to keep up better this year. So.. more than enough to keep me occupied this week!

I wish you all a very Happy New year! And heres to many more Sunday Posts!! ;)

Last Week on the Blog:


This Week on the Blog:

  • Review 'Forever Alexa' by Cate Beauman
  • My Favorite.. New Year's Resolution
  • Review 'Beyond' by Maureen A. Miller (Audio)

New Arrivals:


https://www.goodreads.com/

I went shopping in Amsterdam with my mom and bought these three new books. I can't wait to start reading! Don't they look pretty?!

Random Pic:


12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Maureen! I like spending new year's eve with just my husband. :)

    Fantastic Beasts is so freaking pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Annemieke! It's a great way to start the new year. ;)
      That cover is beautiful right?! I can't stop looking at it!

      Delete
  2. Your New Year Traditions are great Maureen! You are getting married! Congrats! That'll bring even more wonderful traditions to your life :) That's the best Heartless cover I've seen. Enjoy your books. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Daniela! ;) I know... Me getting married! So exciting! :D:D

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year! Your New Year tradition sounds great- good food, books and games- good way to ring in the year. :)

    Can't wait to check out your new feature- sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Greg! We definitely think it's a great way to celebrate the NYE.

      Delete
  4. Your New Year's traditions sound wonderful, Maureen! We ended up watching a movie last night, banged pots and pans outside when the time came and toasted in the new year with sparkling cider--all three hours before midnight so the little one could participate. LOL

    I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year!! That sounds like a great way to spend NYE too! ;)

      Delete
  5. Aww congratulations! I love your new books, enjoy and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And a very Happy New Year to you too! ;)

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year! Eating tasty things sounds like a fantastic tradition for any holiday! Lol. So does video games, movies, and reading. And your new meme sounds like a great way to bring some positivity to the blogosphere! I'll have to try and join it sometimes :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen. Happy New Year to you too! I hope you'll check it out sometimes ;)

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com