Sunday, January 8, 2017

The Sunday Post #38



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ Its a chance to share news ~ A Post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

Life:

This week definitely didn’t go as planned. I was supposed to work four days this week, but on Wednesday I got down with the flu. I went to work on Wednesday, but I had to go home early because I felt so miserable. Thursday and Friday I stayed in all day. I always feel so bad when I have to call off work. I’m almost never sick, but still.. I feel so guilty to stay home. Stupid, I know. But still.. That’s me!
Today (Saturday) I feel much better. Hopefully I can enjoy our weekend a little.

Books & Blogging:

Blogging wise I’m still on a role. I have my posts ready for next week, and that’s a big thing for me. Especially since I’m usually the make-my-post-the-evening-before kind of girl. So I feel good about that.

Wednesday was the first day of my new weekly meme, My Favorite.. I had one sign up which was really fun and plenty of views. I’m loving this meme so far. Hopefully this week will get even better.
I didn’t get to read as much as I wanted to, because of the flu but I’m hoping to get some reading done this week.

I’m hoping you guys had a better week! ;)

Last Week on the Blog:


This Week on the Blog:

  • Blog Tour ‘Faith in Every Footstep’ by Wesley Banks
  • My Favorite.. Thing About Winter
  • Blog Tour ‘A Promise of Fire’ by Amanda Bouchet
  • Adventures in Nursing #1: Becoming a Nurse

New Arrivals:


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25895611-silver-thaw#
Bought on Audible!

Random Pic:

12 comments:

  1. Aw sorry you were sick! Hope you're feeling better, and yay for your new feature. I'll go check it out.

    Happy Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg. I'm feeling much better thankfully! ;)
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. UGH the flu! That's never fun Maureen :( Hope you feel better. Glad blogging is still on a role! :) I am a make-my-post-the-evening-before kind girl more than I'd like to be as well ;-). Sorry I was so late to link to your meme but my link is in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Daniela! ;)
      Thankfully I'm feeling much better. Tomorrow I'm going back to work!
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. I love the quote. The Flu is awful and since you never get sick, I am guessing you don't get the flu shot? Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very fitting quote this week! LOL!
      No I didn't take the flu shot. I did last year, but my arm swelled up like a balloon and I had to take some kind of anti-allergy med. I didn't dare to do it again this year!
      Happy Reading! ;)

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear you've been unwell, but don't stress about taking time off if you rarely do. I'm sure everyone understands.

    I hadn't known about the new meme. I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah! Let me know what you think ;)
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. I’m glad you’re feeling better. Isn’t it awesome to have posts scheduled ahead?

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm feeling much better.
      It's definitely awesome! I'm feeling so much more relaxed now.. I hope I can keep this up!
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  6. Sorry you got sick :-/ You definitely shouldn't feel guilty about taking time off work when you need the rest though! Feel better :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen. I feel much better thankfully!
      Have a great week and happy reading! ;)

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com