Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Sunday Post #40



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ Its a chance to share news ~ A Post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

Life: 

Life has been nice and quiet this week. There was a lot of reading happening and a lot of wedding planning. And off course work. On Monday we had a meeting with the woman who will do the flower decorations for our wedding. This was a lot harder than I thought it would be since I didn’t even know there are so many kinds of flowers out there. But in the end we did get some great ideas and I can’t wait to see the results. 

On Tuesday one of my girlfriends came by and we started with making some stuff for the wedding. Since everything is expensive enough, we try to do something’s by ourselves. And it was really fun sitting at the table, talking, drinking tea and being crafty. Exciting stuff.

On Friday I had a late Christmas/New Year’s celebration with a view work buddies with presents and including funny poems. I had a great time and got this awesome looking Luke’s mug!! So cool! Another awesome thing to add to my Gilmore Girls Collection! LOL!!

And this weekend I’m free from work. Saturday will be our ‘hanging out’ day. Reading, watching movies and not doing much else. And on Sunday we’re having lunch with my fiancé’s family.  

Books & Blogging: 

I still got plenty of reading time this week which made me really happy. I never get enough reading time off course. But I had more than I expected this week. I finished one of the new books I received from Netgalley last week and I managed to write my review right after. It was a hard review to write since I’m not really sure what I thought about that read. And maybe I’ll have to change it again when I can think about it more clearly.

I received two new books this week and I bought a new audiobook. I’ve been listening daily to audiobooks lately and I’m really loving it more and more. Driving to and from work has never been so much fun!

I didn’t get a lot of blogging time this week but I managed to visit some other blogs. I’ve planned some blogging time this weekend and Monday so I’ll catch up again!

Last Week on the Blog:


This Week on the Blog:

  • Review ‘The Other Einstein’ by Marie Benedict
  • My Favorite.. Holiday
  • Review ‘Two by Two’ by Nicholas Sparks
  • Review ‘Eeny Meeny’ by M.J. Arlidge

New Arrivals:


https://www.amazon.co.uk/Frog-Theory-Fiona-Mordaunt-ebook/dp/B01N6J03NQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485001740&sr=8-1&keywords=the+frog+theory
Received by Authoright
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33385040-the-choice?ac=1&from_search=true
Received by the Little Brown Book Group
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29963453-the-silent-waters?ac=1&from_search=true
Bought myself on Audible

Random Pic:


How was your week? Did you get any new books your excited about?

12 comments:

  1. Glad it was a great week! And quiet weeks are good sometimes. :) Hope you have a great weekend. and I hear you on reviews- sometimes I have to go back and change them, or I think I want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best sometimes! :D
      Have a great week Greg and happy reading!

      Delete
  2. I also had a quiet week in which I finally found plenty of time to read. It was nice and I wish it could happen more often. I hope you have another wonderful reading week!

    Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wish I could have more quiet weeks like last week. Those are the weeks I definitely feel the happiest. :D
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. What an eventful week! Lots of reading and planning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was. ;)
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  4. I like the look of The Choice and The Silent Waters - the latter looks very intriguing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look great don't they? I can't wait to start reading and listening to them.
      Have a great week and happy reading! ;)

      Delete
  5. Quiet weeks are good. Now hand over the coffee cup, nice and slow. :) mwahaha. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, wedding stuff, how exciting! And your late Christmas sounds like it was fun---cute photo!

    It's hard to write reviews when you aren't really sure how you feel. I usually try to write reviews right away and then I go back and edit if I need to once I've let the thoughts marinate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely one of the hardest reviews I had to write recently. But in the end I think I did good.
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com