Sunday, March 12, 2017

The Sunday Post #46: Re-Reads



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ Its a chance to share news ~ A Post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

Life:

There’s not much to tell you guys about this week. I worked a lot, one dayshift and I’m currently working the nightshift again, four in a row this time. But when I finish my last one Monday morning, I’ll only have to work three more dayshifts before.. VACATION!!

The best thing about this week was definitely Wednesday when I gave my fiancé a tour through the Major Incident Hospital I work at. I’ve been working there since August last year, two days a month, and I really wanted to show him. It’s definitely a unique work environment so I was super excited to show him. And we had a lot of fun.

Books & Blogging:

On Monday I had some time do prep some posts for the upcoming weeks. Although I probably won’t reach my goal for the Blog Ahead Challenge with 15 scheduled posts, I now have at least 5 ready to go. I’m very happy with that.

Reading wise I had a pretty good week. I did a Twilight re-read which I loved and will write a review about later this week and I planned my upcoming weeks. I definitely needed this re-read, and I'm hoping to do some more re-reads in my upcoming vacation.

Next Friday Maureen’s Books will be three years old. I can’t believe how fast the time went by. I have an awesome giveaway ready to go. So keep an eye out for the blogiversary post next week.

Last Week on the Blog:


This Week on the Blog:

  • Discussion: What Makes a Character Great?
  • My Favorite.. Bookstore
  • Review ‘Twilight’ by Stephenie Meyer
  • Three Year Blogiverary

New Arrivals:


No new books this week!

Random Pic:


16 comments:

  1. Glad it was a good week, and yay for upcoming vacation! That's always the best. I like to re- read favorite books occasionally but don't do it much anymore. Nice to revisit.

    Happy blogoversary next week- 3 years is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been re-reading for a long time. But now I really felt like I needed top. I love it so far.
      Thanks you Greg.
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  2. Early blog birthday wishes. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma.
      Have a great week too and happy reading! ;)

      Delete
  3. Hurray for vacation! And that's awesome that you got to give him a tour of the hospital :-) Rereads are the best! Well, new books are great too, but rereads have their own special advantages! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do. I love revisiting them sometimes.
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  4. i just found your blog via the linkup.
    I love that random pic and the quote: Never put off for tomorrow the books you can read today. Off to read now then:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. When I saw it, I knew I just had to share it here! LOL!
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  5. Have a great vacation!

    I keep hearing about the Blog Ahead Challenge. I need to look into this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      You definitely should. It's a great challenge.
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  6. Happy Blogoversary!!! It was nice you got to share where you work. Hope you get lots of reading in this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly. I hope you have great reading week too! ;)

      Delete
  7. Happy upcoming 3rd blogoversary! Time does fly when we're having fun, right?

    Sounds like a good week for you, with the vacation coming. Enjoy!

    I am curious about Every Little Thing.

    Enjoy your week....and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel. Time definitely does fly!
      Every Little Thing was a great read. I hope you get to read it sometime ;)
      Have a great week and Happy Reading!

      Delete
  8. Enjoy your vacation! Where can I find a job like yours? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlie. Just come to The Netherlands.. we need some more nurses here! LOL! ;)

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com