Sunday, July 30, 2017

The Sunday Post #59: Busy With What?



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ Its a chance to share news ~ A Post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

Life:

This week has been a little crazy. I’ve worked eight days in the last nine days, which isn’t abnormal in my line of work but still is exhausting. And because of that somehow the days flew by so fast I don’t even really know what I did.

Monday was my only free day, which unfortunately was spend only on cleaning our home, doing groceries and preparing for the week. But I did manage to make some very tasty Chocolate Banana Bread by a recipe by Rens Kroes. It worked out great, and was very tasty and healthy too.

Wednesday was my mom’s birthday. So after work, me and my hubby went to her home where we gave her some presents and drank a toast.  And after that my mom and her boyfriend took us to dinner at this very tasty restaurant. The food was so good and it was just a great night! 

And the rest of the week? Well I don’t even know. I hope the next week will be more productive. At least I’ll have some time for blogging this weekend. 

Books & Blogging:

Like I said, this week wasn’t very productive. I haven’t been able to read a lot because when I finally got time to sit and relax and I was so tired I fell asleep. Frustrating really!

I also haven’t been able to do a lot of posting and blogging this week, but I tried to visit you guys between making dinner and doing some housework. I wasn’t able to visit you all though, which I apologize for. But I’ll do better this week! 

How was your week? Did you manage to do some reading?

Last Week on the Blog:


This Week on the Blog:

  • Review ‘Alpha Grayson’ by Midika Crane
  • Fantastic Fiesta Book Giveaway Party by Hannah Fielding
  • My Favorite.. Love Story
  • Blogival: Character Spotlight by Andy Blackman
  • Book Blitz ‘Links’ by Lisa Becker

New Arrivals:


Received by the Author
Received by Smith Publicity

Random Pic:

18 comments:

  1. Busy weeks do seem to fly by some times- I think there should be a rule that every week has a certain amount of time blocked off for reading! Ha like that's going to happen. :)

    The chocolate banana bread looks good! Hope you have a good, more relaxing week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great rule Greg! We should definitely makes that rule a thing! LOL! ;)
      It was very tasty!
      Thanks for stopping by and have a great week! ;)

      Delete
  2. 8/9 days sounds horrible! What do you do for a living? Chocolate Banana Bread looks soo delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a nurse. So I work all kinds of shifts. Luckily for me I don't work a lot of evenings anymore.. I hate working evenings. But I do work nightshifts.
      It was very tasty! ;)
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  3. You must be exhausted! I hope you have an easier work schedule this week Maureen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely tired by Friday night! We planned a movie watching night.. but I fell asleep when the movie started. Sigh..
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  4. I hope you have a calmer week this week. It sounds like you need a bit of a break. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I definitely needed this weekend break!
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  5. That definitely sounds exhausting, Maureen! I hope next week will be a bit quieter work-wise.

    Happy birthday to your mom :) I love restaurants where the food is tasty, and I'm with people I enjoy.

    Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexxie. I hope so too.
      The restaurant was great. I was in this Industrial building and it just looked different.. I loved that.
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  6. Wow, with your schedule, I'm surprised you got anything else done. Kudos for blogging and reading. Thanks for sharing; sounds like the birthday celebration was a nice break.

    Enjoy the new week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel. I definitely took some planning! Whaha
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  7. Chocolate banana bread sounds Amazing! Glad you were able to celebrate with your Mom for her birthday. Enjoy the new books and the week ahead.

    Jenea's Book Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bread was really good. I'm definitely going to make it again someday.
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  8. You've had a super busy week! I totally get the lack of reading due to exhaustion. The only time I had to read this week was in the car since we went on a day trip and I was in the backseat. I hope things slow down a bit for you. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow.. reading in the car is something that doesn't really work for me. I always end up feeling nauseous.
      Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

      Delete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday to your mom! I hope she enjoyed her special day. Last week I finished up Beautiful Mistake by Vi Keeland. It was ok and I'm definitely open to checking out another book from Keeland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. ;) My mom had a great day.
      I haven't heard about Vi Keeland before. I'll check it out! ;)
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com